Burngreave Working Men's Club

Is there a car wash there now?
Can you go and have a look.

I'm 200 odd miles away now!:hihi:

The building is on the corner of Melrose Rd and Burngreave Rd, opposite St Catherines. Doctors surgery now I believe.

The Burngreave conservative Club was at the corner junction of Burngreave Rd, and Melrose Rd there use to be a bowling green on lower sideactors surgery is there now.THe Club has been closed many years now

i remember it well as i used to go in most nights during the rarly 1980's mainly in the snooker romm&there was a good set of lads who used to go in
did you know pete ledger i think he used to go in there not seen him for years

They got the nice building then the Con Club!

Where was the nearest job centre? Was it in Burngreave near the old library?

The Burngreave conservative Club was at the corner junction of Burngreave Rd, and Melrose Rd there use to be a bowling green on lower sideactors surgery is there now.THe Club has been closed many years now

HI No mention of the Burngreave Liberal, it was on Brunswick Rd,l used to go in there 1946/51,nice lads and atmosphere Cheers Arfer Mo

Edited by Arfer Mo
forgot address

HI No mention of the Burngreave Liberal, it was on Brunswick Rd,l used to go in there 1946/51,nice lads and atmosphere Cheers Arfer Mo
Was that called the irish club at one point?

Don't remember there being 1 in Burgreave but I can remember there being a conservative club at the bottom of barnsley road just before the crossroads.

that was the companiams club in firvale next to the petro; station which is no longer there.there was a conservative club on burngreave road on the right hand side going up just before the red brick catholic church,dont forget that at one time burbgreave road was the dore&totley of sheffield where all the well to do people lived

And was there a Con Club in Hallam too?
You finished trolling yet? :loopy:

Was that called the irish club at one point?

Arfer Mo is talking about the old Burngreave Libs Where woman could not go to the bar to get served and had to sit in a special room for woman,AAAH the good old days.

A new club was built around 1960 on the opposite side of Brunswick Road that went bust and then it became the Irish Club.