Bee Street Carbrook

Could anyone tell me where Bee Street at Carbrook actually used to be, my mum grew up there and my grandma lived there until it was all cleared in the early 70's. I used to visit as a small child and remember it always looked dirty and grimey.

I asked my mum and she said it was near to The Carbrook Hall Pub but I can not find any reference to it much on the internet except for a couple of photos on the Sheffield City Council photo site. Mum passed away earlier this year without me ever finding out where it actually was and it is something that has bugged me since.

I heard so many stories about it and the people that lived there during the 30's 40's and 50's especially.

Hi Powerage - Bee Street formed a short link between Bright Street and Attercliffe Common - here's a map. The Carbrook Hall Hotel was a little further along Attercliffe Common..:)

Thanks for that have a bit more idea where it was now looks like it was very near to where the Arena Square pub is now its still hard to visualise how it was though!

Yes - it was a bit further along Attercliffe Common from the Arena Square. Needless to say, all traces of Bee Street have disappeared but I've marked its former location as a blue line on this aerial view..:)

Oh Great yes I now can see where it was weird how much its changed down there since it was all cleared hard to imagine there were loads of houses there once, thanks will have a better look when I next go down that way:thumbsup:

Could anyone tell me where Bee Street at Carbrook actually used to be, my mum grew up there and my grandma lived there until it was all cleared in the early 70's. I used to visit as a small child and remember it always looked dirty and grimey.

I asked my mum and she said it was near to The Carbrook Hall Pub but I can not find any reference to it much on the internet except for a couple of photos on the Sheffield City Council photo site. Mum passed away earlier this year without me ever finding out where it actually was and it is something that has bugged me since.

I heard so many stories about it and the people that lived there during the 30's 40's and 50's especially.

It was opposite the pheasant inn' if you stood with your back to the pheasant inn you could look down bee street and see bright street which used to run along the bottom.

Bee Street, Brightside was bang across road from Pheasant Inn on Attercliffe Common.

I used to live on Bee street i might know your mum and family