3 network coverage

Does anyone use this now. I've hear that the coverage and customer services used to be rubbish but what's it like now?

My O2 coverage is bad recently so I'm thinking of changing!

TA

Coverage is good in built up areas but patchy out in the wilds. I live in S35 and work in Donny and have no issues at all at home, work or on the motorway in between where as my old O2 sim would drop out on the journey to/from work. We also visit relatives in the Skegness area quite a lot and the coverage is great around there too.

Customer services can be hit and miss as they are not based in the UK. Don't forget though that you can just go into one of the Three stores to sort out 99% of any issues you may have.

Cheers

Dave.

Thank you Wavey Davey. That is confirmed by a few text replies I've had.

Some people are saying that all their mobile signals have been worse since 4G was introduced. My O2 certainly has! Regards. Ian

I'm on 3 as are my daughters. Can't complain really decent coverage just the usual drop when out in the wilds.....

What I will say is if you use the internet a lot then their 'all you can eat data' package is excellent. Browse / watch tv / YouTube etc as much as you like and the tariffs are very competitive.

No probs.....

Best thing to do is just get a free sim from each of the providers (I wouldn't bother with the likes of Virgin, Asda, GiffGaff as they just use one of the major networks anyway) then see which network gives the best coverage where you use the phone most. You don't need to add any credit unless you maybe want to check how fast each one's data connection is etc....

That's what i did earlier this year.

Cheers

Dave.

Three is quiet good to be honest but even better on the latest handsets like the iPhone 5 apposed to the 4/3 and some sammy galaxy handsets, that's what it's like in my area.

I get a good signal deep inside Sherwood Forrest which is middle of nowhere and not a lot if any masts about.

3 are currently rolling out their DC-HSDPA network which gives speeds of upto 40meg on the existing 3G network for phones that support it.

The local mast at my work is already upgraded so looking forward to seeing what speeds i get when i'm next at work after getting my new iPhone 5 setup tomorrow. :) Can't wait for the mast at the end of our road to be upgraded too. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Three was bad...some places like your own home...NO signal -the chap in the call centre kept saying what a good deal you got...i agreed with him but explained...you can not make ANY calls :)

Ok the the rule is -

#1) check first what the nearest mobile mast to where you live

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

#2) trial a few pay-as-you-go providers

nothing is perfect...even this new EEEEEEEEEE...funny same time as the launch...t-mobile when into S L O Wwwwww signal...to...NO signal....i wonder why...time to upgrade to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where we are there is no signal from Vodafone or O2 unless you stand outside the house..... T-Mobile/Orange get around 2 bars 3G and Three gets 5 bars but that might have something to do with the mast being in the old converted church's clock tower at the end of our cul-de-sac. ;)

This is in Chapeltown area where vodafone's nearest mast is down by the station and o2's is up by the water tower in High Green.

Cheers

Dave.

Thank you Wavey Davey. That is confirmed by a few text replies I've had.

Some people are saying that all their mobile signals have been worse since 4G was introduced. My O2 certainly has! Regards. Ian

other people I've talked to have said the same. by the way 3 are about to or have rolled out thier super fast dc hspa which is also called 4g in the USA but you'll need a compatible phone or dongle, better value than EE's 4g

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I find coverage quite good on 3, however the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.