Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Their advice is misleading and can be ignored. They fail to mention vcs vs hmrc ..penalties etc.

The new law changes nothing really

hi

my daughter just got a ticket from them wanting £80

she parked at back of iceland and 19.10pm

parking eye are just a private company not council etc

so do we ignore these letters:confused:

hi

my daughter just got a ticket from them wanting £80

she parked at back of iceland and 19.10pm

parking eye are just a private company not council etc

so do we ignore these letters:confused:

Yep , feel free to ignore the begging letter Parking Eye kindly left for your daughter. Its not worth the paper its printed on . Ignore any "Invoice" issued by any private parking company.

I have recived a ticket for £60 for parking over 2 hours at Berkley Presinct on Ecclesall rd. Has anybody else had one? and if so what happened?

No, you are the first. Be afraid, be very afraid.

jb

Yep , feel free to ignore the begging letter Parking Eye kindly left for your daughter. Its not worth the paper its printed on . Ignore any "Invoice" issued by any private parking company.

Couple of questions re parking eye.

1. How long does it take to get an invoice ?

2.a. Do they ever clamp vehicles ?

b. if they do and I overstay at motorway service station A will they clamp me weeks after I ignore the letters will they clamp me at service station B ?

3. There was an amendment to this legislation (october)where they can go after the registered keeper rather than the driver. Has this affected their success rate or has it been tested in court yet ? (I don't want to be a test case !!!)

Thankyou !

b. if they do and I overstay at motorway service station A will they clamp me weeks after I ignore the letters will they clamp me at service station B ?

3. There was an amendment to this legislation (october)where they can go after the registered keeper rather than the driver. Has this affected their success rate or has it been tested in court yet ? (I don't want to be a test case !!!)

Thankyou !

Clamping is now illegal (for private PPCs anyway). The new legislation simply means that the registered keeper now gets to ignore the speculative invoices.

jn

I have recived a ticket for £60 for parking over 2 hours at Berkley Presinct on Ecclesall rd. Has anybody else had one? and if so what happened?

Worthless invoice , unenforcable , ignore it.

---------- Post added 11-01-2013 at 16:50 ----------

Thankyou !

1/ its illegal to clamp now

2/ the can go after the registered keeper all they want........ the fact remains their invoices are still unenforcable, and always will be.