Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Well done blue Dragon:) didn't u post this up on Mse/Pepipoo as pcm phoned you?

Yes i posted on MSE. No word from PCM yet but the Meadowhall Duty Manager just said that if they call to say I've sorted it though them

Hey Trusbster, you a a chezzie guy/gal are you?, used to live in lovely Eckington myself!

Up in sheffield tommorrow helping someone against parking eye in Sheffield County Court, oh what fun!

Hey Trusbster, you a a chezzie guy/gal are you?, used to live in lovely Eckington myself!

Up in sheffield tommorrow helping someone against parking eye in Sheffield County Court, oh what fun!

Wasn't before. used to be in sheff but moved to chezzie to get away from [chinese accent]City Life[/chinese accent]

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 15:28 ----------

When u in CC? might pop down since it is open :D

Is staples car park still patrolled :D :D :D Good old excel. Tried to get me to pay £100 for running into chino's on london road. That was in the good old clamping days too, lucky I didn't get one.

Edited by Trubster

I'm so glad there are people who know the law haha as you have all helped me a lot. I think its really funny how many members are on all the same forums haha SF, MSE, Pep...

Always good to hear but I am somewhat apprehensive.

I do worry that the parking companies are pretty much going to learn how to do it all by trial and error, eventually tightening their contracts and presenting decent paperwork in court.

I heard they are getting sneeky with POPLA stuff as well, not sending paperwork out until it's too late to contest it and stuff???

I do worry that the parking companies are pretty much going to learn how to do it all by trial and error, eventually tightening their contracts and presenting decent paperwork in court.

I heard they are getting sneeky with POPLA stuff as well, not sending paperwork out until it's too late to contest it and stuff???

Well if they do send paper work out late for popla and you loose then you can have the case reconsidered.

However this is rarely the case.

Its like a game of football, each side will change their tactics slightly

But the one thing they will never be able to justify in court is the amount they try and claim for "Losses" . Everyone knows the amount they try and scam from motorists is purely profit for themselves dressed up as losses. The court see straight through this ,hence the reason the parking scammers lose . Now unless the parking cowboys only claim for the amount you owe for overstaying , IE , one hour overstay in a car park charging £1 per hr = £1 owed , them they will always lose in court . Now of course they will never just claim for actual , genuine losses as they wouldnt make any money , so the only way they can stay in business is to continue to try and con motorists into paying scam invoices for large amounts of money hoping some will just pay up .

They really are parasites leeching on the backs of motorists who should be outlawed permanently.

I got a ticket in Meadowhalls oasis car park on Christmas Eve! My son is disabled so parked in a disabled spot upon my return I saw the ticket then noticed the timer was covering part of the disabled badge (I don't have a wallet to put them in). I accept a bit of responsibility for not checking it after I shut the door but I've ignored the letters and have no intention of paying