Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Not quite true penistone, u have to pay those issued at railway stations under railway bylaws

Not quite true penistone, u have to pay those issued at railway stations under railway bylaws

i forgot about those.

I take it you enjoyed Excel`s latest court humiliation.

Poor Rachel Coates.......

Poor Rachel Coates.......

My thoughts exactly. What a shame .

Went to the match with Grandchildren today, drove around until I found somewhere safe to park, passing all kinds of irresponsible parking.

Looked at the signs which did say permit holders only but also a sign saying:

Mon - Sat 8am to 6.30pm Permit holders or use machine

(arrow pointing to machine ) Display ticked max stay 10hrs.

I paid £1.60 for 4 hrs 14.06 to 18.06, I have been given a ticket for, Parking in a permit space without displaying a permit, this was given at 16.11.

There was obviously two side of the street ( Duchess Rd ) and the ticket machine was only on one side, is this a street where one side is for a parking ticket and the other for permit holders, I am confused and angry.

Thanks Denise :confused:

What did the sign say?

The sign that was closest to your car and on your side of the road.

Went to the match with Grandchildren today, drove around until I found somewhere safe to park, passing all kinds of irresponsible parking.

Looked at the signs which did say permit holders only but also a sign saying:

Mon - Sat 8am to 6.30pm Permit holders or use machine

(arrow pointing to machine ) Display ticked max stay 10hrs.

I paid £1.60 for 4 hrs 14.06 to 18.06, I have been given a ticket for, Parking in a permit space without displaying a permit, this was given at 16.11.

There was obviously two side of the street ( Duchess Rd ) and the ticket machine was only on one side, is this a street where one side is for a parking ticket and the other for permit holders, I am confused and angry.

Thanks Denise :confused:

You should have parked in Staples car park at the bottom of the moor ........ Its FREE to park in there for as long as you want. :)

What did the sign say?

The sign that was closest to your car and on your side of the road.

It did say permit holders only, the same as the other side of the road but on the other it also had the payment meter.

I looked today around London road area where I park at least once a week and it is kind of set up, signs saying permit holders only on both sides then a large sign saying permit holders or pay at machine on the other; I have parked on both sides for years without any trouble.

If I have parked where i shouldn't then so be it but I do think its a bit confusing, i should have parked on the grassed area nearer the lane like two others who got a pushed off by fans and police, lovely mess for the neighbours to look at and no fine.

---------- Post added 10-03-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Admin Team Note:

In response to feedback from our members, we have decided to have one thread for all private parking charge queries. Please use this thread to ask for advice if you receive a charge for parking on private land, but do not use this thread to ask for advice about fines issued by the council or police.

As always, if you choose to follow advice given by other forum members you do so at your own risk.

The above statement is why I didn't ask my question about my ticket on the this thread, it wasnt on private land and was issued by the council but my post has been moved here. Denise x

Not me they dont................ my hatred of private parking cowboys is as strong as ever.

---------- Post added 17-02-2013 at 18:48 ----------

The signs put up by parking companies in car parks are worthless because a parking company cannot undertake a contract with a motorist. See the HMRC V`s VCS ruling .

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=70585

Points 3, 4 and 5 are the relevant ones.

Think VCS have won their appeal against this. See

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/186.html&query=Vehicle&method=boolean

Its ignore before the vcs decision came along and its the same thing now its been appealed

Yep, no change . Parking invoices are still unenforceable and always will be unenforceable .

And that judgement is likely to be appealed again by HMRC. The judgement leaves it possible for a lot of companies turning over millions of pounds to avoid VAT.

They wont want that......