Own a dog? Dog Forum needs you!

...signed up, and just browsing the 'what to do if your dog's lost' section.

There's a member on SF who has something in their sig about don't sign anything because you could be giving permission for your dog to be pts.

Now, I'm sure I've garbled the message but does anyone know what I'm talking about?? :)

yes SHsheff

If your dog is seized by the police or other authorities, don't sign anything as you'll be signing ownership over to them, and they can dispose of your dog as they see fit

iv tried to register but it wont let me validate my email it just keeps saying error all the time :( x

iv tried to register but it wont let me validate my email it just keeps saying error all the time :( x

Please could you post questions on that site, or email [email protected]

Cheers :)

yes SHsheff

If your dog is seized by the police or other authorities, don't sign anything as you'll be signing ownership over to them, and they can dispose of your dog as they see fit

Hi Strix... as in, if you can't afford to immediately pay the fees, you mean? Are there any other circumstances in which you'd be asked to sign?

Geoff - can something to this effect be added to the sticky on the Dog Forum?

I mean seized rather than 'picked up'

EG - if you've been reported by a neighbour or somesuch (presumably)

I remember reading the post about this, but was only skim reading as it's unlikely to be something which we're confronted with

I mean seized rather than 'picked up'

EG - if you've been reported by a neighbour or somesuch (presumably)

I remember reading the post about this, but was only skim reading as it's unlikely to be something which we're confronted with

Ah, ok. I read it as 'picked up' ie you've lost your beloved and before you can find him/her someone's taken him/her to the pound!

Hi Strix... as in, if you can't afford to immediately pay the fees, you mean? Are there any other circumstances in which you'd be asked to sign?

Geoff - can something to this effect be added to the sticky on the Dog Forum?

Can you ask over there please :)