Radiator problems

My heating seems to heat the single radiators ok but the double ones down stairs get hot at the top but cool at bottom had kier a couple ov times to resolve. Prob but I'm here again can any one sugest why

Did KIER bleed the radiators when they came out?

May need balancing a bit.

Bleeding is needed when top is COLD, not hot.

The system is probably full of sludge. It settles in the bottom of the rads so they only get hot at the top.

Yes I just don't understand how it can be hot at top and warm at bottom

Because the hot water only circulates around the top of the radiator because the bottom is full of sludge. Search for images of sludged up radiators.

Thank u confirmed my thoughts, I said that to the kier plumber but they never seem to listen, I'll have to get them out again, thanx again for you help

I had to figure out this for myself. The upstairs rads were getting warm but downstairs were cold. I replaced the pump and still had the same problem. I added some sludge remover to the header tank, drained some water from the system and everything was lovely within minutes. Don't know if I had an airlock or what it was.

already beaten to the sludge answer. might be worth getting the system powerflushed and treated. how old is the system

A powerflush is ok if you've £350 - £600 to spare!

Wow - a really honest answer

........can you get over onto the general forum and help the poster out whose sister has paid £160 for hours work!