O.K. then what or who is God?

Now I have read all the Darwin theory about how we came out of the sea and grew tails then started standing up on two hind legs etc but it just does not make sense

I suspect that you've read of Darwinian theory.

Also, the different meanings of the word theory

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

LINK

After all, gravity is a theory but I wouldn't try and put it to the "unproven or speculative" analysis on your next holiday flight to Spain.

I mean why only us why not cats or dogs or donkeys etc how is it only the human species that evolved this way.

What about the other human species that evolved in similar ways?

Homo rudolfensis

Homo heidelbergensis

Homo neanderthal

Odd that all your Darwin books failed to mention any of them.

Humans seem to have been evolving in different ways in different regions. It was almost as if nature was developing different human prototypes with different attributes, only one of which, an ancestor of our species, was ultimately successful in evolutionary terms"

LINK

I have been thinking long and hard and I still cannot find any solution to the God problem.

Now myself and religion have never mixed as I view all religions as little more than fairy tales expanded by people who on the whole make themselves very wealthy in the process.

No my problem is when I say wake up in a morning with the sun streaming in through the window and I lay there thinking what is life all about I then pinch my self just to make sure I am real .

That is when the what is all this about bit clicks in .

Now I have read all the Darwin theory about how we came out of the sea and grew tails then started standing up on two hind legs etc but it just does not make sense, I mean why only us why not cats or dogs or donkeys etc how is it only the human species that evolved this way.

And so then I go back to the God bit I mean is it possible that It all happened in a way that even today we still know nothing about is it possible that we are the off spring of some intergalactic visitors to Earth who after a quick fling on Earth decided that this World was not for them and shot off to pastures new forgetting about this Planet for ever.

Now we have computers, space ships ,radio waves, and technology beyond belief and we are no nearer even today actually discovering .

Where did we come from, Why are we here, What happens to us when we die, and who or what is God.

Evolution has no goal or aim to create humans - like all species we evolved over millions of years through a serious of mutations.

You say that we are no nearer to discovering where we came from. That's just not true. We now know how old the universe is, how galaxies, stars and planets are formed, and where life first emerged on earth.

A good book to start with is Richard Dawkins 'Magic Of Reality' - If you can, get the hardback, The iPad version is really good too.

Brave post dafodil, people should expand to other theory's besides Darwin and God.

I'm with dafodil, why not, why would we be the only planet with life on it, or that had life on it.

I don't think anyone has suggested we are. Darwin theory certainly doesn't discount it.

I think someone would have to be pretty ignorant to believe there can't be life elsewhere in the Universe

Edited by RootsBooster

I don't think anyone has suggested we are. Darwin theory certainly doesn't discount it.

I think someone would have to be pretty ignorant to believe there can't be life elsewhere in the Universe

Pretty Ignorant, or Religious (not that there is a difference)

Somehow I don't think you have "read all the Darwin theory".

I would say non of Darwin's theory.

The thread title – Who or what is God.

Eric Clapton.

Eric Clapton is grossly overrated actually.

God is whatever you want him/her to be. Easy.

You think your God.:gag:

I have been thinking long and hard and I still cannot find any solution to the God problem.

Now myself and religion have never mixed as I view all religions as little more than fairy tales expanded by people who on the whole make themselves very wealthy in the process.

No my problem is when I say wake up in a morning with the sun streaming in through the window and I lay there thinking what is life all about I then pinch my self just to make sure I am real .

That is when the what is all this about bit clicks in .

Now I have read all the Darwin theory about how we came out of the sea and grew tails then started standing up on two hind legs etc but it just does not make sense, I mean why only us why not cats or dogs or donkeys etc how is it only the human species that evolved this way.

And so then I go back to the God bit I mean is it possible that It all happened in a way that even today we still know nothing about is it possible that we are the off spring of some intergalactic visitors to Earth who after a quick fling on Earth decided that this World was not for them and shot off to pastures new forgetting about this Planet for ever.

Now we have computers, space ships ,radio waves, and technology beyond belief and we are no nearer even today actually discovering .

Where did we come from, Why are we here, What happens to us when we die, and who or what is God.

A combination of human emotion and imagination, man created God in our own image and with many of our emotions.

A combination of human emotion and imagination, man created God in our own image and with many of our emotions.

I am a creationist, I truly believe Man created God.

O.K.Then what or who is God.

Is it Eric Clapton?