Green laning in derbyshire and South Yorkshire help pls

There is still one at chapeltown area,next to Hesley woods.It used to be great for crossers in my youth days and swimming in the pond in summer.

yes indeed, which recycoal want to remediate

There is still one at chapeltown area,next to Hesley woods.It used to be great for crossers in my youth days and swimming in the pond in summer.

Does cross-dressing still go down well up in Chapeltown?I would have thought it a little daring in such a conservative community.

Does cross-dressing still go down well up in Chapeltown?I would have thought it a little daring in such a conservative community.

Only behind closed doors now ;) The scouts got scared with crossers running through the woods.:hihi:

Hello can any one help with places to go green laning with a motorbike that is road legal, I have tryed some old lanes I used to go on years ago and there is notices up that motor vehicles are not allowed.

Personally, I'm not really interested in this sort of stuff (not fit enough) but I can certainly see the motivation.

I know you can take a bike from Redmires, past Stanedge Pole and possibly to Castleton. I often see bikes at Monsal too and have on several occasions seen groups of bikers repairing the footpaths/old roads, for cyclists and ramblers alike.

Mainly, the bikers seem very responsible ... unlike many 'walkers' who see fit to eschew anything that doesn't involve greenie type stuff ... like cra***ng in the bilberry bushes or carving their name on a rock ... decorating the place with environmentally disposed Walker's crisp packets or condoms.

It's only fair to point out that these 'footpaths' were originally main roads which enabled places like Sheffield and Manchester to thrive ... the erosion then, being very much worse than it is today.

Sorry that first bit didnt really make much sense?

i thought most of the slag heaps had been remediated /or reclaimed?

the only remaining slag heap i can think of is the one @ whitwell and that is truely huge!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Whitwell_Colliery_spoil_heap_-_117679.jpg

Here you go

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr34/bravo_2_zero/two/4d6eb237ebc59bb2d386c016c7fe335c.jpg

I was on this every Sunday cos I lived in Rainworth for over 10 years. I've not been there for about 4 now so things may have changed. The desert is in the middle of the screen and most of not all around it is slag that's top soiled over.

I use to go to desert but I herd they closed it off...

yes indeed, which recycoal want to remediate

And sooner the better.:)

And sooner the better.:)

You will really enjoy the opencast mining. All the lies and promises of improvements. All you will get is 5+ years of hell, dust, mud, noise.

You obviously have never seen opencasting before.

Jts GRAND :rolleyes:

Hello does anyone no were I can take my motocross bike for a play, around Sheffield and chesterfield area thanks....

i'd have tried to find out where I could take it before buying one! I dont think that there are any legal places to ride in Sheffield. Have a look here for the closest places:

http://www.totalmx.co.uk/tracks/motocross-tracks-in-sheffield.php

You will really enjoy the opencast mining. All the lies and promises of improvements. All you will get is 5+ years of hell, dust, mud, noise.

You obviously have never seen opencasting before.

Jts GRAND :rolleyes:

Be worth it when its finished,if it wasnt for all the moaners it could have been finished years ago.

I've looked at practice tracks but just wanted somewhere local and freeeee to go every now and then, the bike is road legal and I'm having problems finding any green lanes that haven't been restricted.. Cheers

Does anyone no which keys on o/s map you can ride motorbikes on, I no that byways which are +-+- are ok but I've been told diamonds with broken lines are ok but they say footpath on the lanes when you get to them???

Cheers