Green laning in derbyshire and South Yorkshire help pls

Hello can any one help with places to go green laning with a motorbike that is road legal, I have tryed some old lanes I used to go on years ago and there is notices up that motor vehicles are not allowed.

suggest you sign up on one of the Land Rover forums - plenty of folks there who can guide you.

Hello does anyone no were I can take my motocross bike for a play, around Sheffield and chesterfield area thanks....

Hello can any one help with places to go green laning with a motorbike that is road legal, I have tryed some old lanes I used to go on years ago and there is notices up that motor vehicles are not allowed.

It may be legal but it remains a highly destructive pursuit and the noise generated spoils the enjoyment for others who seek a little tranquility.

or better still, GLASS, the Green Lane Association.

No, it is not necessarily a 'highly destructive pursuit', and neither is a lot of noise generated if it is done sensibly and responsibly. I have been green laning in my Land Rover, we go in groups of not more than 5 and stay on the lanes, slowly, not wheelspinning, not destroying, but often repairing and maintaining the lanes we travel along. There are cyclists who can create more damage to the countryside and annoy other road users than responsible green laners.

Its people like you that areas like the peak district and yorkshire dales DONT need

There's a lot of NIMBYS out today aren't there.

Not at all

using motorbikes on paths, can cause lots of problems including errosion and damage to habitat

Why don't people stick to the road ......

I came across a family of heffalumps in the Yorkshire dales , obviously from the city and they got stuck in mud, couldn't stop laughing at these lot wallowing around in the mud

Nearest is Mansfield i think, unless you're talking about ripping up country lanes and such.

Thre's enough space for everyone to get enjoyment in whatever way suits them.

A small area should be put aside fot off-roading cars and motorcycles.

Then drivers/riders who ride in unauthorised areas should be punished.

The problem is that the right-on and righteous just want all of the countryside for themselves, so such areas will never be put aside.

Nearest is Mansfield i think, unless you're talking about ripping up country lanes and such.

there used to be a place next to the m1 near junction 29/28