Dis-used railway station houses

Who owns the old station house in Chapeltown then, the one about 100m from the current platform.

Pass it on the train sometimes. The roof's fallen in and it's a right state, can't be long before it attracts the 'wrong sort'

probably Network Rail

What is the building near the bridge at Asda Chapeltown used for, it looks all bricked up and is just used for a time table, looks in a right state :(

What is the building near the bridge at Asda Chapeltown used for, it looks all bricked up and is just used for a time table, looks in a right state :(

ask NR what they want for it.....?

Who owns the old station house in Chapeltown then, the one about 100m from the current platform.

Pass it on the train sometimes. The roof's fallen in and it's a right state, can't be long before it attracts the 'wrong sort'

That's my point though.... That's not a station house.... It's the old booking office which we still own quite a few of around the country and are, in most cases, still used as equipment rooms for signalling, telecoms or permanent way staff. The old booking office at Chap isn't used by the Signals or Telecoms staff and is just empty at present.

Old station HOUSES though (which is what the original post stated) are not usually still owned by NR though.

Cheers

Dave.

That's my point though.... That's not a station house.... It's the old booking office which we still own quite a few of around the country and are, in most cases, still used as equipment rooms for signalling, telecoms or permanent way staff. The old booking office at Chap isn't used by the Signals or Telecoms staff and is just empty at present.

Old station HOUSES though (which is what the original post stated) are not usually still owned by NR though.

Cheers

Dave.

Good point made there...Im probably too loose in my definitions

There's one near Arthur Lees at the bottom of Wincobank I think?

Yes the brick built building still no further details on who owns it! I have spent £12 on land registry and nothing on the building :-(

Sorry I was actually not sure how to describe the building.. I had tried to research it and asked around and people thought it was an old station house. Is this still used as an equipment room then? It is all bricked up and has a timetable on the outside of the building. Could you shed any light to who owns it?

If its not been sold off it is owned by Network Rail......