Dis-used railway station houses

Hope someone can help me. How do you find out further information on dis-used railway station houses. One that is all boarded up and no longer in use and has been for many years. I am wanting to contact the people who owns or anything help! I cant find anything on Google and not sure where to start. I am interesting in buying.

Network Rail own it.....

This isnt always the case as sometimes they were sold to people who bought them but didnt do them up or sell them so as someone said the land registery is a good idea

Yeah, that;s right. It cost me £4 in 2006 when an estate agent couldn't answer a simple question.

True

But "most" that are not done up are owned by NR

A fair few owned by NR look unloved but are used for "things" too...like stores, offices or whatever NR get up to in private :o

We don't tend to keep old station houses..... There are a few but not many.

(Only one i can think of off hand around here is the old Rotherham Masborough station buildings)

Which old station house is it you are talking about???

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Majority of sidings and land were sold off to german outfit EWR who are a freight company.

there are a few of them left, some of them grade 1 listed and are an important part of our industrial past.

Majority of sidings and land were sold off to german outfit EWR who are a freight company.

EWS (English, Welsh & Scottish) were actually owned by an American company (Wisconsin Central) DB Schenker then bought the UK part and rebranded EWS as DB Schenker. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Not too many houses in sidings though, is there?

Who owns the old station house in Chapeltown then, the one about 100m from the current platform.

Pass it on the train sometimes. The roof's fallen in and it's a right state, can't be long before it attracts the 'wrong sort'