And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

His two assistants  gone too, Says they hope to have someone  in  by Wednesday,  maybe Wagner or Jakanovic

6 hours ago, pintor said:

His two assistants  gone too, Says they hope to have someone  in  by Wednesday,  maybe Wagner or Jakanovic

Smells of backdoor dealings, poor guy never had a chance, the Ipswich result just made it a little easier for them to get rid of him.

On 09/03/2019 at 22:40, Mr Fisk said:

Terrible decision.

They turned to him when Pardew got sacked and he nearly kept them in- would have if there were more games left.

They're in play off position so this is a strange move by West Brom- hope they miss out altogether now.

I agree can not believe they have sacked him what a set of -------.

Paul Scholes has left his role as Oldham Athletic manager after just 31 days, he wasn't sacked he has  just left the club.  He says "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," 

I bet there are a few managers that know that feeling well.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Paul Scholes has left his role as Oldham Athletic manager after just 31 days, he wasn't sacked he has  just left the club.  He says "It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," 

Or "it unfortunately became clear I have no clue about managing and thought being Paul Scholes, with all those years under Sir Alex, this would be a walk in the park"

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

They need a revolving door at the manager's office at Oldham, perhaps  Notts County have one to sell them or maybe Leeds still have theirs.

On 09/03/2019 at 21:46, Ontarian1981 said:

Top  3 in the EPL go in automatically, 4th place have a one game playoff. Whoever wins the SPL has to play off for a spot in the CL, quite unfair, in my view. That was how it was, not long ago, don't know if it's changed recently.

It is all to do with the rankings of the countries respective leagues . These are based on how well the leagues representatives have performed in the Champions League so as Scotland don't get through to the later stages of the competition they are ranked lower down the list so have to qualify for the CL proper (if they fail they get into the Europa League instead). Discussions as to whether this is still a true Champions League or a glorified European Club Cup would probably need it's own topic

On 27/01/2019 at 01:14, Jim Hardie said:

As it's still pantomime season....oh no they didn't.

Stand corrected it was 8-0 😂

On 15/03/2019 at 08:52, stillf said:

It is all to do with the rankings of the countries respective leagues . These are based on how well the leagues representatives have performed in the Champions League so as Scotland don't get through to the later stages of the competition they are ranked lower down the list so have to qualify for the CL proper (if they fail they get into the Europa League instead). Discussions as to whether this is still a true Champions League or a glorified European Club Cup would probably need it's own topic

Surely it could only ever be a true champions league if only Champions were in it, not teams that finished 4th.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Surely it could only ever be a true champions league if only Champions were in it, not teams that finished 4th.

But who really wants to see Barcelona hammer some plucky part timers from Slovakia or where ever? We want to see the best teams in Europe play each other.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But who really wants to see Barcelona hammer some plucky part timers from Slovakia or where ever? We want to see the best teams in Europe play each other.

Yes indeed and all 4 English clubs are in the quarter-final, where the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are not.

Stuart Mcall gone from Scunny !

By the way, I've gone from football !