And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I was a Brian Clough follower, even after he told me to F off following Sunderland losing to the Owls at Hillsborough in a cup match, when I asked him for his autograph. 😳 He was the first of the ‘modern’ managers, he could see things in players that other managers couldn’t, he was the greatest manager that England never had.

Leighton James gave me the same response after we’d beat Burnley 4-0 at Bramall Lane in 1978. My mates found it very amusing.

Edited by websters gue

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

Wouldn’t that have been Middlesbrough in 1960?

Did I say Sunderland? Oops 

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Is there a set of supporters in the land that would prefer safety first to attack minded?

Was hugely popular in Italy, dull mind numbingly boring to watch

50 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Was hugely popular in Italy, dull mind numbingly boring to watch

I meant this land, lol.

Are we comparing exciting football played badly with methodical football played well? I  recall the likes of Francis, Waddle and Sheridan participating in the latter, until they could break through to play the former well. Aimlessly running around in circles only to be beaten by boringly better players is not how I want to watch my club play, very successful Arsenal sides were often classed as boring.

59 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I meant this land, lol.

🤣

25 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Are we comparing exciting football played badly with methodical football played well? I  recall the likes of Francis, Waddle and Sheridan participating in the latter, until they could break through to play the former well. Aimlessly running around in circles only to be beaten by boringly better players is not how I want to watch my club play, very successful Arsenal sides were often classed as boring.

Yep George Grahams boring boring 1-0 to the arsenal, god they could be awful  to watch, methodical they used to call it.

I used to hate games v Liverpool back in the 60s, they could be pretty methodical, like a football equivalent of chess, Leeds would press you back into your own penalty box, Man U would just try to score more goals than you, everton tried to outpass you and liverpool just bored you to submission!

At least if a club pays boringly successful football it proves something, this is that if they can succeed in one area of football that it is possible to succeed in another. I would much rather attempt to succeed from an area of strength than from one of weakness, even if it is boring.

Watford sack their manager. 

Don't understand decision, given Watford are not in relegation zone and at 14th place,  quite ok for a team promoted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58778752

Edited by Guest

On 17/09/2021 at 07:23, crookesey said:

Did I say Sunderland? Oops 

Well he did play for both clubs.

Hate to say it but ol' Neil Warnock's on borrowed time how can a side beat the blades and the same side lose to hull.  

Think next two home games posh and Barnsley win both might save his job.

The team's not consistent like most teams manager always the scapegoat. .

Friends said to me the ex Watford geezer is in the frame...

On 04/10/2021 at 13:22, Mooks said:

Hate to say it but ol' Neil Warnock's on borrowed time how can a side beat the blades and the same side lose to hull.  

Think next two home games posh and Barnsley win both might save his job.

The team's not consistent like most teams manager always the scapegoat. .

Friends said to me the ex Watford geezer is in the frame...

Colin will talk or scream his way out of it Mooks, as for ex Watford 'geezer', you mean Nigel Pearson ?