And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

I could never understand why West Brom hired Irvine. I reckon one more loss and he is gone - next game? Away at West Ham. It was nice while you lasted Alan.

Also, rumours on Pardew being approached by Palace... really? Why on earth would he leave a great contract at a club where he positively turned things around to be playing in the Championship next year? Staggering that one.

Irvine is fairly certain to go now after the West Ham game. Rumours that West Brom also know exactly who they want in his place but don't want the new couch to start with a probable loss to the Hammers. Irvine is popular with the players and the Chairman but ultimately needed to win far more games and be far less negative to win over the fans. Part of me feels sorry for him but this is only going one way.

Irvine is fairly certain to go now after the West Ham game. Rumours that West Brom also know exactly who they want in his place but don't want the new couch to start with a probable loss to the Hammers. Irvine is popular with the players and the Chairman but ultimately needed to win far more games and be far less negative to win over the fans. Part of me feels sorry for him but this is only going one way.

His biggest issue at Wednesday was that he played negatively most of the time (even more so than Stu!) so that isn't a surprise really. I still think he could be a decent manager but he needs to be more adventurous, especially with a team like West Brom that actually has some interesting attackers in the squad.

I could never understand why West Brom hired Irvine. I reckon one more loss and he is gone - next game? Away at West Ham. It was nice while you lasted Alan.

Also, rumours on Pardew being approached by Palace... really? Why on earth would he leave a great contract at a club where he positively turned things around to be playing in the Championship next year? Staggering that one.

I think I know why. Just found out pardew played for palace and scored the goal that got them into the fa cup final (1990 maybe?). After years of getting stick off his own clubs supporters I don't think I'd blame him for going somewhere where he might get a bit more respect.

Besides, Newcastle are always just a few matches away from imploding anyway. Are they totally safe now?

Not really....

Given that Newcastle are not quite happy, Pardew has had some stick and a difficult time, he could be out of a job anyway, or take a job at a club half expecting Championship football next season. Finish low but safe at Newcastle - potentially sacked. Relegated with Palace - safe in a job

On the radio the journalists were saying that Pardew was one one of poorest paid Premier League mangers.

Sounds like he's gone.

Sounds like he's gone.

Confirmed that Irvine's gone. These Premier League managers are just like dominos.

Confirmed that Irvine's gone. These Premier League managers are just like dominos.

I think chairmen have "learnt" (if that's the right word) that it's pointless bringing in a new manager after the transfer window has shut. Steve Bruce will be getting nervy as well I bet.

Alan Irvine: West Brom sack manager

yep never any good even at owls

2-0 down and bring a defender on ?

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:59 ----------

peter Taylor at Gillingham sacked today

On the radio the journalists were saying that Pardew was one one of poorest paid Premier League mangers.

It has been reported he'll be on twice his Newcastle wage at Palace.

:suspect:Not really sacked but Curtis Woodhouse has left as manager of Goole .

its got to be Paul Lambert surely what has he done successfully since he has been at Aston Villa?