And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

They'd be hard pushed to find someone as over-rated as O'Neil - he has produced some stunningly mediocre football at Sunderland and Villa.

Not to mention the success he had at Leicester and Celtic.... Oh wait.

I bet Villa wish they were mediocre at this point in time.

I bet Villa wish they were mediocre at this point in time.

His spending was unsustainable at Villa, his wages to income ratio was astronomically high. When he was asked to make his spending sustainable he quit.

Success at Celtic is hardly difficult is it? Yes, he got Leicester to over achieve - but that's well over a dozen years ago.

Success at Celtic is hardly difficult is it? Yes, he got Leicester to over achieve - but that's well over a dozen years ago.

Should we just disregard his achievements at Celtic, Leicester and Wycombe?

I'd agree his record at Sunderland this season has been poor. But he did well when he first came in.

Villa he had them treading water, but certainly not underachieving.

Should we just disregard his achievements at Celtic, Leicester and Wycombe?

I'd agree his record at Sunderland this season has been poor. But he did well when he first came in.

Villa he had them treading water, but certainly not underachieving.

His achievements are a long time ago - it's 10 years since he had Celtic in the UEFA final. And again - how hard is it to "achieve" in the two horse race that was the Scottish Premier.

His stated ambition at Villa was to establish them in Europe. He was given plenty resources at one of the countries biggest clubs. He never did it or remotely looked like doing it. And yet half the press and half this board seemed to think he was the answer to Englands prayers or the next Man U manager.

He was a decent manager - just not the sensation many cracked him up to be.

I think this is the first time he has been sacked in his career.

He may be suited to taking an international job somewhere- pretty sure some country will come in for him offering a stupid salary- if Eriksson can do it, surely O' Neil can.

His achievements are a long time ago - it's 10 years since he had Celtic in the UEFA final. And again - how hard is it to "achieve" in the two horse race that was the Scottish Premier.

His stated ambition at Villa was to establish them in Europe. He was given plenty resources at one of the countries biggest clubs. He never did it or remotely looked like doing it. And yet half the press and half this board seemed to think he was the answer to Englands prayers or the next Man U manager.

He was a decent manager - just not the sensation many cracked him up to be.

Just look no further than John Barnes, for the answer to that one fella

paolo di canio is apparently holding talks with the mackems. i would have thought they might have put kevin ball in charge till the end of the season.

paolo di canio is apparently holding talks with the mackems. i would have thought they might have put kevin ball in charge till the end of the season.

Odd, a self confessed fascist in charge of the Black Cats.

Oh well, at least they've got rid of Miliband