And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

I just came across this post from the BBC Sport website - sums up the situation well,very well.

He's a lovely bloke but we've been so boring to watch lately. Who wants to fork out £30 a game to see us defend and play for a draw each time? This is my 56th season of watching them and it has never been as dull as this. 

3 hours ago, MAC33 said:

I just came across this post from the BBC Sport website - sums up the situation well,very well.

He's a lovely bloke but we've been so boring to watch lately. Who wants to fork out £30 a game to see us defend and play for a draw each time? This is my 56th season of watching them and it has never been as dull as this. 

What were you expecting Brighton to do? Decent cup run, stayed up, didn’t do a Fulham and blow millions on misfits. That’s a good season for at least half of the league.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

What were you expecting Brighton to do? Decent cup run, stayed up, didn’t do a Fulham and blow millions on misfits. That’s a good season for at least half of the league.

3 of the last 6 clubs to come up from the championship have been relegated. Brighton are still in the Prem. I'd call that a moderate success.

14 hours ago, MAC33 said:

I was just about to post a thread on how anti football Brighton play.

From the kick off they went for touch rugby style.

Their centre forward Murray was their furthest forward at times 20-30 yards inside his own half.

For the second goal Murray misplaced a pass back in to his own penalty box - but what was he doing standing just outside his own penalty box anyway?

At home cheered on by 30 000 plus enthusiatic fans they play a ultra defensive brand of football that is appalling on the eye. I swapped channels just before half time to watch a real estate show.

The local preliminary final here in Australia was a far,far better spectacle. 

A 5-0 win to Sydney over Melbourne.  At least Melbourne tried to attack from the start to the finish.

Melbourne's supporters must be chuffed to bits.

16 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

This is the Catch 22. Entertain and run the risk of failure or be boring and stick it out in the Premier. For a fan, it is Hobsons choice. Pay a chunk of money and watch your team defend, play negatively but potentially stay up. Or be entertained and run the risk.

This may be one of the treasons why although the big teams in the prem attract huge support, the others appear to have lots of empty seats which suggest supporters are disenchanted with the football on offer.

9 hours ago, Jonmatt said:

This is the Catch 22. Entertain and run the risk of failure or be boring and stick it out in the Premier. For a fan, it is Hobsons choice. Pay a chunk of money and watch your team defend, play negatively but potentially stay up. Or be entertained and run the risk.

This may be one of the reasons why although the big teams in the prem attract huge support, the others appear to have lots of empty seats which suggest supporters are disenchanted with the football on offer.

Using Brighton as an example - the capacity of Brighton's stadium is 30,750. Average attendance was 30,464. Not a lot of empty seats.

Flitcroft gone at Mansfield !

On 15/04/2019 at 19:09, charliewag said:

If Pulis does go as expected what are the chances of Tony Mowbray going back to the Boro? He's done a decent job at Blackburn the last couple of years.

As l said hes back home in Bournemouth after talks with gibbo hes not having his contract extended so another hunt goes on 8 full team squads contracts end too so new team hopefully new passion and lets get it on!! 

On 13/05/2019 at 09:47, Mr Fisk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716

Poor old Chris Hughton gone at Brighton- did look on thin ice and although I like Chris (ex Spurs man) I think the squad needs more than one system to play.

Stupid comments from the anti-racism group Kick It Out, Head of Development, Troy Townsend, (father of Andros), inferring that Hughton's dismissal is in some way linked to some kind of racist agenda. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/kick-it-out-apologise-brighton-comments-sacking-chris-hughton-football

Kick It Out have been forced to issue an unreserved apology to Brighton. 

Maybe time for Mr Townsend to go on one of his own organisation's diversity courses? 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Stupid comments from the anti-racism group Kick It Out, Head of Development, Troy Townsend, (father of Andros), inferring that Hughton's dismissal is in some way linked to some kind of racist agenda. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/kick-it-out-apologise-brighton-comments-sacking-chris-hughton-football

Kick It Out have been forced to issue an unreserved apology to Brighton. 

Maybe time for Mr Townsend to go on one of his own organisation's diversity courses? 

What an idiot. It amounts to suggesting that managers of colour (have I got that right?) should have protected status.

Middlesborough have sacked Tony Pulis. However it says they will not renew his contract so how can it be a sacking?

It's understood that Jonathan Woodgate is in contention to take his first steps in management as Pulis' replacement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-tony-pulis-sacked-middlesbrough-16158880

Edited by iansheff

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Middlesborough have sacked Tony Pulis. However it says they will not renew his contract so how can it be a sacking?

It's understood that Jonathan Woodgate is in contention to take his first steps in management as Pulis' replacement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-tony-pulis-sacked-middlesbrough-16158880

My money would be on Chris Hughton- tried and tested and Middboro only want to get in to PL