And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

Not sacked but left.

SHERIDAN LEAVES CARLISLE

John Sheridan has resigned as Carlisle United manager.

According to Sky sources, Sheridan is set to be named Chesterfield boss in the next few days.

A bit odd. In the play off zone and won all five of his last league games but wants to go to the relegation zone of the National League.  :loopy:

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

A bit odd. In the play off zone and won all five of his last league games but wants to go to the relegation zone of the National League.  :loopy:

From what I read, there was unrest with the Carlisle players as to Sheridan's strict coaching methods and his attitude towards some of the team.  As forthe Spireites, they wont be in the relegation zone much longer the way they're going.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

From what I read, there was unrest with the Carlisle players as to Sheridan's strict coaching methods and his attitude towards some of the team.  As forthe Spireites, they wont be in the relegation zone much longer the way they're going.

I hope so for Sheri's sake but it's going to take some time to get them back in the league from the current position.

Chesterfield are in dire straights, I think they need more than just a change of manager to stop the rot.

They've dropped straight down two leagues and are set to drop again, something is clearly very wrong.

6 hours ago, geared said:

Chesterfield are in dire straights, I think they need more than just a change of manager to stop the rot.

They've dropped straight down two leagues and are set to drop again, something is clearly very wrong.

Yes and to think that about three years ago they lost (to Preston NE) in the League 1 promotion play offs

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Yes and to think that about three years ago they lost (to Preston NE) in the League 1 promotion play offs

......and robbed of an FA cup final a few years before.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

......and robbed of an FA cup final a few years before.

Do you mean the FA Cup semi-final against Middlesbrough that was played at Hillsborough ?

Gary Rowett sacked by Stoke City as club lose patience with the under-performing boss after 8 months.

Edited by iansheff

7 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

After being robbed at Old Trafford, Chesterfield lost 3 – 0 at Hillsborough in the replay.

Edited by iansheff