COding new remote key for SEAT/VW in Sheffield

The remote key for my SEAT Leon has packed up.

I can get a new remote bit off eBAy for a reasonable amount (i.e. less than half the cost from the dealer) but it needs to be 'syncronised' with my car to work.

The manual tells you how to do this, but it involves using two keys and locking and unlocking the car using the keyhole.

However, since my remote packed up I've discovered that you can't unlock or lock my car using the keyhole; I presume because at some point someone has tried to break in to it. Anyway, the fact I can't unlock it with the remote or with the keyhole is doubly annoying, so I need a new key pronto!

I have the security codes for my car (SKC codes?) and I am told that with VAG_COM software, a new remote, those codes and the right computer, a new key can be made.

My question is, does anyone have the equipment and knowledge to do it, or can recommend someone who can? An idea of cost would be great too.

Cheers.

It's a 2001 Leon by the way - the old shape one. I guess the security and key technology is different on the newer ones.

If you go on Saudi forum, there Is a list of people with with vag com andvdo help members for beef money

Just love the predictive texting on my galaxy tab

Edited by jza80

You will need someone with VAGTACHO not VAGCOM.

Thanks for your replies - I got a new key supplied and coded from Volks-Tek in Dronfield. It's now much easier to get in and out of the car :)