Energy bills and the lovely EON

Having just recieved my latest energy bill and finding myself £152 in credit, EON in their wisdom, have informed me that my Direct debit will be increased by a further £36 per month.

While remaining polite on this forum, i am fuming these thieving gits think they can just "dip" into my bank account and take my hard earned cash.

Give me back my £152 quid first?

Just been on compare the what's it and changed supplier. I know there all s**t in the same pot but what else can a person do. :rant::rant:

I feel sorry for low income family's and pensioner's who have to deal with these sharks.

Cameron, for once, do something about these greedy corporates who are ripping us off, and vat on energy bills?????

As if.....:huh:

EON is one of the better ones! Wish I'd never moved to EDF with the offer of a 2 year fixed deal. They were supposedly cheaper than EON, but my bill are even higher now and they've bumped the DD up from £100 to £165 a month! We aren't using any more/less energy than we usually do, so WTF??

Having just recieved my latest energy bill and finding myself £152 in credit, EON in their wisdom, have informed me that my Direct debit will be increased by a further £36 per month.

While remaining polite on this forum, i am fuming these thieving gits think they can just "dip" into my bank account and take my hard earned cash.

Just been on compare the what's it and changed supplier. I know there all s**t in the same pot but what else can a person do. :rant::rant:

I feel sorry for low income family's and pensioner's who have to deal with these sharks.

Cameron, for once, do something about these greedy corporates who are ripping us off, and vat on energy bills?????

EON will now contact you and tempt you to remain with them. Tell them you want your £152.00 back and the same cheaper deal you have just been quoted by your new supplier.

He came up with a suggestion but before the mere proposal of the idea had even being officially announced the press got hold of it, make judgment on something that was not even offically launced (i.e. just proposed as an idea) and before you know it a load of uninformed morons vented their hot air and it was shouted down by all and everyone for being a "stupid idea" "never work" "will increase energy bills" "pointless waste of time"

If I was him I would think twice about even trying to care next time.

The tories will let this go on because they are millionaires and it doesn't affect them.:gag:

I moved from Eon to EDF as my DD got put up by £67 per month. I am a dual fuel customer, have been paying the same rate for the past 3 years and am over £140 in credit. For nearly a year after leaving Eon i received numerous phone calls trying to get my business back....never in a million years!!!!

I moved from Eon to EDF as my DD got put up by £67 per month. I am a dual fuel customer, have been paying the same rate for the past 3 years and am over £140 in credit. For nearly a year after leaving Eon i received numerous phone calls trying to get my business back....never in a million years!!!!

They put it up BY £67 a month? Wow, what were you paying before that? I use about £100 a month (or just over) for both gas and electric on a prepayment meter I think, I couldn't be doing with these inceasing DDs all the time!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by Leah-Lacie
Removing those bloody annoying symbols before the £ sign caused by android app :)

You are likely to be in credit because your yearly estimated usage is split equally for your direct debit, your energy usage over the summer months is lower than the winter months so one would expect to be in credit at this time of year.

You can solve this problem by electing to pay quarterly bills when they arrive, obviously this will cost you a little more over the years but at least they won’t have your money before you use the energy they provide.

They put it up BY £67 a month? Wow, what were you paying before that? I use about £100 a month (or just over) for both gas and electric on a prepayment meter I think, I couldn't be doing with these inceasing DDs all the time!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I was paying £99 per month for both gas & electric got a letter out of the blue saying payments were going up to £166 a month i nearly fell off my chair. When i complained i was told that had i kept tabs on my usage it wouldn't have been a problem. I asked the woman if she was aware that my way of keeping tabs was via online account, as i had opted for paperless bills. It should've been logged in my records that i had complained for 5 months that i couldn't access my account.

I.M.O. EON should spend their time keeping their present customers happy rather than constantly ringing their ex customers trying to get the business back, which is what happened to me.

Been paying just over £100 per month for last 3 years with EDF and the account is over £140 in credit and i am more than happy with that and their customer services... so EDF get the big thumbs up as far i am concerned!!!

Go on U-Switch. I had the same trouble with E-ON . Got a much better quote from First Utility.

Been paying just over £100 per month for last 3 years with EDF and the account is over £140 in credit and i am more than happy with that and their customer services... so EDF get the big thumbs up as far i am concerned!!!

We switchedabout 5 months ago using the "EPIC!!!" comparison site from British Gas standard to EDF's 2 year fixed Blue thingy deal, our monthly bills have gone from nearly £100 to £60 a month for dual fuel.

No problems so far,bills gone up £1 to £60 recently.

Just my 2p :-)