Closure of Hillsborough snooker centre

Hillsborough snooker centre on Baxter Road has now closed.

Anyone with memberships there then they will be valid till the end of this year at,

Ace Snooker Hall

Walkley community centre

7A Fir street

S6 3TG

For further details then call/text Brett on 07818 532627

Hi and what about people with membership there who cant get to one at walkley they should be refunded fancy not letting your members know and just shutting good job my other half no longer had a locker at the club otherwise would have lost is cue no note on the door saying your closed or anything poor manegment

Edited by butterflyjen

Wooooooooo! YOUR MEMBERS??? I am doing this a good will thing for members of hillsborough! Ace Snooker is not connected to them in any other way! Perhaps then I should withdraw the offer?

I wasn't surprised it closed as quickly as it did seeing as it had been up for sale for 4 yrs.

I also agree that giving no notice was unfair BUT all I'm trying to do is give there members another option

A very fair one too Brett.

The owner i'm told was very old and his son was meant to run it, shame really as the For Sale price seemed a bargain if the rents not a rip off. Membership wasn't a lot but if people have stuff in lockers that is wrong.

The old fellow that run it just couldn't do it anymore, understandable at his age, it was a bargain as the sale was for the entire building and entire business, it had a lot of scope and could have been made into a good club again but he just wasn't interested and at that age would you??

I think there should have at least been some notices put up but again I'm told the sale went thru in a matter of days, I hope anyone that has cues in there do get them back!

And I can only assume that post 2 thought I was part of hillsboro, nope, just trying to help members out seeing as we are cheaper than the nearest alternative!

Agree a bargain my wife wouldn't let me buy it!! (Wonder why?)

Whose bought it?

Don't know who's bought but I do know it won't re open as a snooker club, I believe its going to be turned into a storage space for a local company, my guess would be IMM a company on the end of Baxter Rd, my other half used to work for them and they were looking to expand! Could be wrong tho

Hi and what about people with membership there who cant get to one at walkley they should be refunded fancy not letting your members know and just shutting good job my other half no longer had a locker at the club otherwise would have lost is cue no note on the door saying your closed or anything poor manegment

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the closure of Hillsborough Snooker Club at short notice. Not ideal. I think there is now only one or two cues that we need to reunite with owners so feel free to message me if one is yours.

Agree a bargain my wife wouldn't let me buy it!! (Wonder why?)

Whose bought it?

It's still up for sale.

The old fellow that run it just couldn't do it anymore, understandable at his age, it was a bargain as the sale was for the entire building and entire business, it had a lot of scope and could have been made into a good club again but he just wasn't interested and at that age would you??

I think there should have at least been some notices put up but again I'm told the sale went thru in a matter of days, I hope anyone that has cues in there do get them back!

And I can only assume that post 2 thought I was part of hillsboro, nope, just trying to help members out seeing as we are cheaper than the nearest alternative!

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Not ideal.

We have tried to reunite cues with their owners however there are still one or two left, therefore if you have a cue please feel to message me and I will sort out.

The building is still up for sale.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the closure of Hillsborough Snooker Club at short notice. Not ideal. I think there is now only one or two cues that we need to reunite with owners so feel free to message me if one is yours.

i have 2 cues and 1 case in a locker any idea how to get them back if so please ring 0114 2571499 thank you, paul

i have 2 cues and 1 case in a locker any idea how to get them back if so please ring 0114 2571499 thank you, paul

Hi, I can sort for you no problem. I'll give you a ring after Christmas.