Do peoples comments put you off posting

It is better to ignore other peoples' comments,as they are often not meant to be taken seriously.Remember talk is cheap.

it seems similar to real life to some extent - there are morons everywhere (and I don't exclude myself) - you just have to accept they exist and ignore them or argue with them depending how you feel

at least with the forum it's a lot easier to ignore them

Yes.

You get to feel who's the people who'd argue with you no matter the subject , try telling them the sky is blue and you'll get verbal vomit in reply and make out your the one making it up.

There's a few you'll get to know like this on here. In general you get to find them out, find out where and what subject they get amusement of trolling in and just avoid adding any posts to the subject.

The general discussion section on here is more or less an open section full of trolls and other nasties.

It's really sad if people are put off from posting because of the 'annoying' few.

As in life, there are all sorts of 'characters' lurking on any forum. Unfortunately, unlike in the real word, you can't just 'talk' to those who you get on with.

You need to remember that a post on a forum is not a private conversation - it's there to be commented on by anyone. By posting on a thread you are inviting anyone in the world to give their opinion on your views, whether you like it or not.

Don't take things so seriously - how difficult is it to ignore the posts that annoy you?

I agree that there is no place for offensive comments, but to be fair these are normally dealt with pretty fast by the mods here.

It also helps dissuade 'trolls' if you can back up your comments with links such as this.

The trolls used to put me off posting but then you have to just treat them with the same pity & contempt as you would any other bully, just ignore them don't rise to their bullying. & just pity them after all how sad & pathetic has someone got to be when the only way they can try & feel better is by making complete strangers on a forum feel bad. Never let bullies win, there's so many more worthwhile people on this forum concentrate on them

Not answering and putting them on your ignore list is better than leaving the forum, though

I might be a little bit guilty myself on some of the football threads of being a WUM.

Not answering and putting them on your ignore list is better than leaving the forum, though

How does one go about this ?

I had a look last night and couldn't seem to find the link.

SF is actually quite a polite and inoffensive forum.

If you find it too hard here then maybe the internet is not for you, people don't tend to be polite online.

Go into Control Panel and then Settings and Options - Edit Ignore List. :)

Under 'My Control Panel', you can edit 'My Ignore List' (in the settings and options section).

I find its difficult to read people by text, messages can be taken in different context when you cannot take face value into account

Under 'My Control Panel', you can edit 'My Ignore List' (in the settings and options section).

Added cheers pal

Added cheers pal

I guess I must already be on your Ignore List then? :D