A3 Photographic Printer?

Anyone use Canon Pixma Pro9000 printer? would you recommend it or any other printer suggestion?

I use the next model up the 9500, great printer for colour and BW.

I have one, had it about 6 months, brilliant print quality up to A3+ also done some canvas, great. ink useage good also. I'm using inks from ebay, just as good as originals. def recommend both.

Also have a look at the Canon Pixma iX6550 A3+ printer, it's only basic but it's got excellent customer reviews, it's also cheaper.

Ive been using the Epson R2400 for years. The inks are pricey for originals but there are a few places on the net to get good quality inks. Lots of photography club friends use the continuous ink systems with this printer. It's old now so could probably pick one up off ebay for £100. I think it was about £350 new. It's brilliant quality. With Epson inks it's exhibition quality

I bought a canon 9500 mk2 A3+ and the prints are fantastic.

The 9500 uses pigment inks and the 9000 uses dye inks and is a bit cheaper.

It was a toss up between it and the Epson A3+ printer (I think 3800)which requires a swap between matte black and photo black inks.

The problem with the canon is that if you use fine art papers there is a 35mm border at the top and bottom of the print (although there is a work round)which is too big on A4

I didn't think that this would be a problem as I thought I had no use for fine art papers BUT I HAVE and it's a PITA.

If you have this amount of money to spend I would think VERY carefully as to which you buy.

The ink cartridges of which there are ten are about £10 each and the paper is not cheap either.

However, there is little point in buying these printers if you are going to skimp on decent ink and paper,

As a hobby it ain't cheap.