What are you watching on TV,anything worth watching lately?

I didn't know it would be repeated, never mind it most probably will be shown again, I did put it on and the sons drifted off to do other things so I switched to the Canadian Grand Prix:D

Anyone watching Parks & Recreation? Its shown on BBC4 but available online with Netflix and others.

I'm too much of a tech duffer to watch things over the net, I'll wait 'til it appears on tv, thanks for the sarcasm.:|

Wasn't being sarcastic, sorry if it came across like that. I just don't know what channel it's on.

This series has finished (5/5) yet it is to be continued which probably means the story will centre round the killer being caught. How long we will have to wait I don't know. I have enjoyed it so hope it won't be too long a wait.

Fine acting all round too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/jun/10/the-fall-dates-tv-review?commentpage=2

Some of the comments on the series, click on 'jump to comments'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/jun/10/the-fall-dates-tv-review?commentpage=2

Some of the comments on the series, click on 'jump to comments'

I hadn't realised it was "The Fall" you were referring to. That's the same series as the one on Halibut's thread.

I missed the first episode,and part of the second was interrupted by a phone call, so i didn't watch it again because I just couldn't follow the storyline.

I think your thread must have been higher up in the 'pecking order' when I replied so I posted here, although I only tuned in to it on the 3rd episode, glad I did though:D

Anyone watching Parks & Recreation? Its shown on BBC4 but available online with Netflix and others.

I've been watching it. The current series on BBC4 has just finished but that was only series 2 and there are 5 (so far), so hopefully they won't need to wait ages before airing the next series.

The dvd was out at HMV on Monday so I bought it to view the two episodes which I missed, have since been informed those episodes are the bloodiest!

just finished watching the first season of The Americans. quite good

University Challenge, BBC2, Monday at 8pm. Format relatively unchanged for 50 years.

The reason I mention it is that in tomorrow's programme "the students from the University of Durham fight it out with Queens' College, Cambridge", and a young woman in the Queens' team is an ex-Silverdale pupil.

Bought the first season of 'The Mentalist' ...

Six seasons' worth of episodes to go...

Actually, it was five seasons, with season 6 due at the end of September. It's a great show and I highly recommend it. Looking forward to the big Red John reveal, due some time before December!

I've just discovered Criminal Minds on Netflix, very late, as ever, thanks to a 'people who liked this also liked...' recommendation on IMDB's The Mentalist page. Very dark, well-written, gripping, but a bit clichéd and with a tendency to take itself a little too seriously. It's a thumbs-up, nonetheless, though its almost relentless misery might be too much for some (like the fabulous Mandy Patinkin, who apparently deserted the show after a couple of seasons).