What are you watching on TV,anything worth watching lately?

I'm deliberating about turning off the National TV Awards at 9pm in order to watch 1/6 of Wolf Hall starring Mark Rylance.

I received a dvd of Twelfth Night at Xmas and Rylance's performance was really impressive.

I can't comment on 'Broadchurch' as I've never watched it. I rate Olivia Colman and David Tennant highly as actors but I think in the past few years I've just been over-Tennanted to the extent that I just want to steer clear for a while.

You've probably seen more of him then I have (bet you're a Doctor Who fan) I'm not.

Yesterday I watched a bit of that BBC programme "Pets- Wild At Heart" guess who the voice over was.

Then I switched over to the National TV Awards, and there he was again receiving a surprise recognition award and having lots of nice tributes paid to him "David is one of the nicest people I've ever worked with" etc.

I'm deliberating about turning off the National TV Awards at 9pm in order to watch 1/6 of Wolf Hall starring Mark Rylance.

I received a dvd of Twelfth Night at Xmas and Rylance's performance was really impressive.

I stayed with the NT awards, some of it was boring some of it I enjoyed.

One part I did enjoy was when Pixie Lott came on singing the 500 miles song with the Proclaimers.

---------- Post added 22-01-2015 at 11:14 ----------

Here it is- On Youtube already.

I'm going to give Wolf Hall a try today.

Just finished True Detective and feeling a bit fragile what with SW having the samish theme this week.

Need a change of pace!

We've been enjoying the second series of The Musketeers. Recording Wolf Hall and will watch first episode tonight. I loved the books.

You've probably seen more of him then I have (bet you're a Doctor Who fan) I'm not.

No, I'm not an avid viewer of Dr Who. I continue to be a fan of

though. Edited by horribleblob

No, I'm not an avid viewer of Dr Who. I continue to be a fan of
though.
:hihi:

A man of many talents.

We've been enjoying the second series of The Musketeers. Recording Wolf Hall and will watch first episode tonight. I loved the books.

I think I will try the books first Taxman thanks for that :)

Shame they aren't included in amazon prime lending library :P

I think I will try the books first Taxman thanks for that :)

Shame they aren't included in amazon prime lending library :P

The first episode was great.

The books are brilliant. Don't be put off by the size of them.

Another thing that put some people off is the writing style. It's not linear and it uses present tense narrative that some readers have described as "exhausting".

Once I gort my head around the narrative I zipped through both books. Others I know struggled and gave up.

Did episode two of ascension last night. Excellent concept done quite well. Only 3 parts. The 100 is getting some tv time too. I'm also revisting fallout 3 on tge PS3- some interesting paralelles between, arguably all three!

Looking forward to fortitude too.

I've started watching The Leftovers but 2 episodes in I'm wondering if it's worth it? I'm still slightly confused as to what is going on, I don't really feel like anything is being explained and the episodes seem really long?! Is it worth perservering with?

I've started watching The Leftovers but 2 episodes in I'm wondering if it's worth it? I'm still slightly confused as to what is going on, I don't really feel like anything is being explained and the episodes seem really long?! Is it worth perservering with?

Stick with it. It will remain confusing but it's worth it.

My female viewing partner thought it was worth watching it for Justin Theroux in jogging bottoms! Cripes!

Watching the Matthew Wright Show atm and Jeremy Bates' voice sounds like he is ranting all the time

....and I thought Russell Brand was bad