What are you watching on TV,anything worth watching lately?

Walking Dead is back now, although I don't hold much promise for it as I think they're just clutching at straws now.

Really enjoying watching Aquarius on Sky which is a remodeled version of the Charlie Manson story starring David whatshisface from X-Files, great actor IMO. Good story & interesting to watch for those who followed the Manson story, what a dark character.

I thought walking dead started out well this series.

I tried Aquarius but couldn't get into it. It was nice to see David duchovny back in a suit (im now quite looking forward to the new X files) and he was pretty good in it but the rest didn't do much for me I'm afraid. They didn't get the period feel right, too much modern hair and dialogue.

Started series 2 of the leftovers. What's going on there I've no idea - it's bonkers.

I thought walking dead started out well this series.

I tried Aquarius but couldn't get into it. It was nice to see David duchovny back in a suit (im now quite looking forward to the new X files) and he was pretty good in it but the rest didn't do much for me I'm afraid. They didn't get the period feel right, too much modern hair and dialogue.

Started series 2 of the leftovers. What's going on there I've no idea - it's bonkers.

I haven't watched it yet in all honesty, I was just commenting on the general feel I got from the few last series.

I was the same with the Leftovers really, I couldn't get into it. I totally agree with it being totally bonkers. :loopy:

The second series of Fargo hit the heights with the last episode. Comic, dark and violent and just cracking fun.

Currently, Monday evenings are Quiz Heaven:

7.30 - 8.00 BBC2, Only Connect

8.00 - 8.30 BBC2, Uni Challenge

8.30 - 9.00 BBC4, The Quizeum

One and a half hours of sharp, witty, informative and knowledgeable entertainment, with Victoria Coren, Dr Janina Ramirez and Professor Kate Williams et al.

Edited by horribleblob

The Last Kingdom, the new BBC2 series based on the the Bernard Cornwell novels about the 9th Century invasion of the Saxon kingdoms of England and Alfred The Great, is due to start on Thursday 22nd October (or this Saturday in the US).

Early reviews are very positive and the intro below is very atmospheric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdL0TUodnpU

Just watched the last series tonight of The Last Kingdom. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe there is going to be a second series, but what a shame we have got to wait another year to watch it.

American horror story. Been excellent too. But lady gaga has been nominated for a golden globe. It's worth repeating, lady gaga has been nominated for a golden globe. Unless she spent the entire series wearing a Sarah Paulson mask I've no idea who has been smoking what.

Blindspot has been ok, blacklist has been good. Finished the leftovers. Still don't know what's going on.

Having put in a long shift today, I've relaxed this evening by catching up with yesterday's episodes 7 and 8, series 3, of The Bridge, on iPlayer, and am wondering why on earth I didn't watch series 1 or 2. The Euro/Scandi police dramas shown on BBC4 are excellent. [Too zonked to comment further, sorry.]

Anyone else been watching Ash vs Evil Dead? It's just gloriously silly and funny. Groovy. :hihi:

Anyone else been watching Ash vs Evil Dead? It's just gloriously silly and funny. Groovy. :hihi:

I like Ash vs Evil Dead. As you say... silly and funny.

Manhattan is also one I've followed from the beginning. This series follows the men and women behind the design and building of the Atomic bomb and their time on "The Hill"

After working my way through the remake of the House of Cards, which was the best tv I've seen in a long time I'm now really into the Americans. It tells the story of 2 undercover KGB agents working in the Reagan era America. It's interesting as the protagonists are the Russian spies, and the characters are so strong that you find yourself rooting for both the FBI and the KGB at the same time.

MTV music videos are always good to go back to eventually... Some MTV shows are really funny too...