Digital camera advice

my little girl (9yrs) is wanting a digital camera for christmas, she as wanted one for years now, i got her a fisher price one years ago for her first and she loved it, however she's now older and wants a good one, only trouble is im not that good with things like this and was wondering if anyone could advise me, also not to massively expensive either, we're not made of money and have never gone over board and spoilt the kids, so we're not starting now.

my little girl (9yrs) is wanting a digital camera for christmas, she as wanted one for years now, i got her a fisher price one years ago for her first and she loved it, however she's now older and wants a good one, only trouble is im not that good with things like this and was wondering if anyone could advise me, also not to massively expensive either, we're not made of money and have never gone over board and spoilt the kids, so we're not starting now.

If on a budget but wanting to buy a proper camera, I think something like this would be ideal.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/nikon/coolpix-l26-digital-camera-in-black-84072/show.html

But there are plenty of point n click compact digital cameras in the £50-£100 price range.

Edited by dvp82

Just get a second hand Canon IXUS off Ebay, you can't really go wrong.

been looking at these Nikon coolpix on ebay, just been out bid on one and missed bidding again.

its not a tight tight budget, but she is only 9 so im not prepared to spend hundreds, as she want be able to have other little prezzies to open

If you're not on a super tight budget then I would also recommended the one of the Canon IXUS models. Something like a IXUS 130 or 220

I bought my girlfriend an IXUS 80 a few years back, she sold it recently on ebay for 35quid I think. That would be ideal. Easy to use, 8MP and takes excellent pictures and it won't break the bank.

Have a look on Morgan Computers. I bought a Nikon Coolpix a few years back and it's served me well. pocket sized but is a great little camera.

I have had a few canon powershots. They take great photos automatically but have plenty of manual options if you want to learn proper photography!

Something with a good anti-shake feature like the lumix range.

been looking at these Nikon coolpix on ebay, just been out bid on one and missed bidding again.

I bought my 7 year old a cheap Nikon Coolpix camera a while back from Ebay. It only cost a fiver and it doesn't matter if she drops it at that price.

Something like this will be ideal:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-COOLPIX-3200-3-2-MP-Digital-Camera-Silver-/290801707255?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item43b521e8f7

just bought her a coolpix from Asda, £45, so not to bad, and she gets the cd, pouch, memory card, best of all it new and boxed.