Xbox smartglass android app

Anyone else downloaded this? Struggling to see the point so far,doesnt seem to do a great deal,im guessing there arent many games taking full advantage of it yet

I'm sure they will add more features and capability as time goes on! :)

Its never going to compete with the Wii U though. Its just a hard sell to convince both developers to spend money supporting an "optional" feature, as well as gamers to actually USE that optional feature.

There is an odd rumour that the new Xbox will come WITH a tablet controller though. I can't imagine that being true, it would have very limited use for a gaming machine and be expensive. It seems more likely they would bundle in Kinect 2.0 than a tablet.

i have an advent vega running ice cream sandwhich custom rom and it said it wernt compatable with my device. so i spent ages trying to find a hacked/modified apk of it. i finally got my hands on it on xda developers and was dissapointed with it.

was even more annoyed that they had removed the feature to use the smartglass app as a map for forza horizon. seems you can only get thart map for it on windows 8.

I use it to control my cursor for IE on the telly if I want big screen, and the Halo 4 tie in is good if you have it on while you're running the game.

I have it on Windows phone. I love it. It's good for films and as a remote control.

It works with Forza Horizon (at least on the iPad it does). It displays the map. You can drag and zoom around the map in the usual tablet/phone method and find races then click on a race and it will update your GPS on the console.

Quite niffty, if only for novelty purposes. It certainly shows it has potential in games (I imagine it would be really useful in something like an RPG where you could have your inventory, equipped equipment, skills, XP, money, etc all on a separate screen).