Jessops or chesterfiled?

has anyone had experience of both? I am nearer to chesterfiled however I have the option of both. I understand chesterfield have had a a major refurbishment and have a lower volume of patients although i hear that jessops are better equipped for emergencies? if any one can offer any advise who has ideallay experienced either then that would be much appreciated,

Thankyou.

I've no experience of chesterfield but jessops has also just been refurbished and is a regional hospital so has good emergency facilities as well as midwifery care, I've been told

that jessops has a good reputation nationally x

I had my first in the old jessops. It was ok but a nightmare to park and awful to get there in rush hour traffic. Had my other 4 at chesterfield. Much better for parking & a quick run down the bypass. My last one was 4 years ago, but I had no problems with them.

Mrs Baggins here, had experience of both in March this year having baby born in Chesterfield but then being transfered to Jessops when baby needed to go into the childrens hosp. I found jessops far better, nurses a lot more caring and just a better hospital all round, spent 7 days in Jessops then got transfered back to Chesterfield for another 7 and boy did I notice a difference.

I have been to both. I had my son at Jessops 5 years ago and the care was not good - mainly because they were understaffed and busy, so not their fault. The cleanliness of my room was really poor too. Decided to have my daughter at Chesterfield 2 years ago and it was very different. Plenty of staff on, not having to worry about parking the car and very clean. And I got a very modern new room with a birth pool in too so I was happy!!

I am having this baby at home so hoping its an even better experience! :)

another vote for calow. lovely room with a birthing pool. great experience. they have just finished the womens health and trinity ward adding onti theur new birth centre so they can provide even better care care from birth onwards. it opens today x

I havent been to Chesterfield but I can confirm the food in Jessops was dire (Feb 2012) I asked for Lasagne and it came with green beans and Gravy!! Yuk!!

Hi i had my first in jessops 6 yrs ago and didnt really like it (left on my own for hours but think this was due to understaffed as it was xmas). wen i got pregnant with my 2nd i went to chesterfield and they were awful through my pregnancy. missed something major on my scans then referred me to jessops when something came up in my blood. i asked calow if it was anythin to worry about they said no nothing to worry about. went to jessops week after to be told my baby was 1-2 days off dying , having severe brain damage or heart failure. had an emergancy procedure the morning after and then check ups every week until they induced me. thankfully my baby was born perfect and healthy. the dr who looked after us through my pregnancy at jessops was a life saver and i can not thank him enough. all the staff there was fantastic. When i got pregnant with my 3rd i went to jessops and they were great again. would never go to calow again.

I havent been to Chesterfield but I can confirm the food in Jessops was dire (Feb 2012) I asked for Lasagne and it came with green beans and Gravy!! Yuk!!

I think the op was referring to the care rather than food :)

Thank you for all of the comments, really appreciate it. I have decided to switch to Calow as it is nearer for me so fingers crossed!

had care under Jessops, in slow labour for 3 days after waters breaking and being 2 weeks over due and told no-one available to induce, but if we would like to make our own way to chesterfield they would sort thing out same day! needless to say, Chesterfield get s a thumbs up from me

chesterfield for me too, im in halfway so offered both, my 1st born was at chesterfield, 2nd in leeds and would always pick chestefield, i had a very complex pregnancy and do this time too, and they are brilliant im seeing consultants 4wkly, induced once i get to 38ish weeks. my 1st born ended up in neonatal and they were brilliant there x