Decent Digital printing ?

its been a while since I did a batch of good quality images to print but planning to do some family shots over the next few weeks

I have shot in RAW and processed with a calibrated screen to get the look I like but would welcome a calibration image from the printer just to check. Looking for c12x8 sizes

Have not been particularly impressed with Photobox in the past as things seemed a little flat/dark so unsure who to try next. Peak have always looked good in the past but were a little pricey, unsure if they allow collection?

this thread is a few weeks old but interested to have peoples views too

try as I might there don't seem to be any current reviews of online (or bricks and mortar) photo printers - is it only me who prints and frames their images these days?

Costco are supposed to be very good. I used them a few years back (actually for leaflets - it was cheaper to have them printed as photos!) and they were very helpful, and the quality was good.

you won't get much better than Photobox for speed or quality, their prints are always darker/less vibrant than my calibrated screen, If I use them I always make the images too bright/bold on my screen and so when printed they comeback perfectly exposed.

I tend to use Peak Imaging for anything important but again I find their prints a little dark so have to brighten them up before sending them off, quality is excellent though.

There is a lab in Bradford that comes highly recommended - ProAm but not used them myself.

Pro Am in Bradford are very good - you need to download their profile and assign it to your image otherwise the prints look a bit washed out - and they print at 420 dpi so you need to make your prints x by y at 420 dpi. I have collected from them in the past - it gives me a good excuse to look at Bradford Camera Exchange and see what they have to offer in their second hand window - there is loads of stuff to look through. Pro Am are just at the back of their shop.