Why has the council spent millions reducing the amount of parking in town?

The ones on Eyre St / Arundel Gate aren't full, what makes you think more are needed?

The OP is talking about the reduction in parking spaces on Arundel Street.

The OP may not want to walk all the way to Arundel Gate or to the other thousand+ empty car parking spaces nearby.

The Council could then show that they are not "...car haters..." by being fair and providing a multistory carpark for those who want to park on Arundel Street.

The OP is talking about the reduction in parking spaces on Arundel Street.

The OP may not want to walk all the way to Arundel Gate or to the other thousand+ empty car parking spaces nearby.

The Council could then show that they are not "...car haters..." by being fair and providing a multistory carpark for those who want to park on Arundel Street.

It's outrageous to expect motorists to walk any distance to their final destination, all motorists should be provided with parking directly by their destination.

IN RETROSPECT, perhaps a better solution might to have not had two competing multi-storeys next door to each other and the existing small NCP, and instead pushed for them to be in different locations, but I'm not sure how much say the council have with regards private development on private land

They aren't next to each other.

The KIT Kat is there to serve the new Markets area. Qparks is there to serve the heart of the city area.

They aren't next to each other.

The KIT Kat is there to serve the new Markets area. Qparks is there to serve the heart of the city area.

Well, using that logic, rather than saying "they aren't full, why have another?" you might then ask why not have a multi storey on Arundel Street as it would be there to serve a different area to the Markets and Heart of the City...

Do you visit other towns and cites much?

If you did, you'd see exactly the same measures being used.

The suggestion that someone is getting back handers to do this is frankly ludicrous.

:hihi::hihi:

No it isnt.

It happens a lot more than people think.

Or in your case care to admit.

No it isnt.

If this is so you are witholding information apertaining to a criminal offence making you similarly culpable.

Well, using that logic, rather than saying "they aren't full, why have another?" you might then ask why not have a multi storey on Arundel Street as it would be there to serve a different area to the Markets and Heart of the City...

I really can't see any need for an additional large car park in that area.

No it isnt.

I think it is rarer than you make out.

There are a lot of people and many steps in the approval routes for any traffic management scheme or planning consent. Huge numbers of people would need to be "on the take" and I do not believe this to be the case. I have never come across anything of the sort and I find it ridiculous that any one thinks that someone (who?) would pay huge numbers of people to ruin a city's road network.

The road network isn't ruined anyway so it's clearly not the case.

I really can't see any need for an additional large car park in that area.

Nor I

My suggestion was that perhaps they could have been spaced further apart rather than having a concentration along one short distance

Nor I

My suggestion was that perhaps they could have been spaced further apart rather than having a concentration along one short distance

They're placed along one of the main access routes for the city centre, there are others placed more widely.

These things are planned not just for today, but with future development in mind (Sevenstone). There are many factors which have to be considered.

If this is so you are witholding information apertaining to a criminal offence making you similarly culpable.

I can live with it.

So you have gone from..............................

The suggestion that someone is getting back handers to do this is frankly ludicrous.

To......................

I think it is rarer than you make out.