Faulty cooker - advice needed urgently

I wouldn't really know, all of those years ago we had a repair man tell us the problem but he couldn't get the part. Sorry.

thats what im thinking, so if i cant smell gas it should be ok :gag: lol, when you had the same problem did you manage to cook food ok? i got really upset because i thought i couldnt cook any food for the family :( but iv managed to do it lol (and i havent blown up :hihi:) x

It was when I lived at home with my mum, but yes we used it for quite some time before getting a new one. That's if it is the thermocouple?

thanks everyone for your advice and help, going to get someone to look at it and see what the damage is! :gag: thnx again x

i read somewhere on the internet that it could be that thermocouple thing, we used a chair to hold the button in to do tea! i cant smell gas so im hoping it will be safe till i can get a new cooker :(, cheers for that carlas cat :)

Hmmm, I wouldn't really do that - use a chair to hold in the button. You're probably bypassing the flame failure mechanism so if the flame does go out for whatever reason - the gas will continue to be released by the burner.

Hopefully the repair won't be too expensive.

Hmmm, I wouldn't really do that - use a chair to hold in the button. You're probably bypassing the flame failure mechanism so if the flame does go out for whatever reason - the gas will continue to be released by the burner.

Hopefully the repair won't be too expensive.

I've got to agree with this. Gas is dangerous and with three children in the house you must be very careful. Can't you cook meals on the hob until someone's had a look at it?

Never take chances with Gas appliances ,it's just not worth the risk .

Sounds to me like it needs a new FFD (Flame Failure Device)

Or thermostat, or over-temp stat, could also be that the bypass valve is blocked I guess depending on model ... hard to say really innit?