Housekeepers in hotels

Travelodge uses a contractor called iss now and the rate is£1.25 fir a new starter and £1.45 for someone that has been there a while, like i said if they want minimum wage they have to be quick and complete 4 rooms per

Hour,they do not get any assistance at all. It is impossible to do this amount of cleaning to the standard they need in such short time, travelodge pays £2.00 per room to be cleaned which they get that £1.25, we have tried to go to acas but somehow they are managing to rip off these workers. My wife cleaned 16 rooms and got paid £19 she had broke her back to clean them in space of 4.30 hours and the management sent her back to hoover the rooms with a broken hoover, as for the tips the housekeepers do not get any of that. The hotel keep it.

No its iss cleaning services, if u type in google iss cleaning services it comes up

They want paperwork and proof of wage slips, my wife is waiting forthe wage slips to be sent to her but they are needing time start time finished and they only do a start time, you finish yours days work once you have completed all the rooms of the day, so time finishing is never the same

people shouldnt let them selves get trodden on

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Ty andy thats the correct link, and the person said before dont let yourself get trodden on thats why she walked out, she is the only person that has voiced her opinion and gone on what she agrees amd walked out, she even told the boss of the hotel they are employing slave workers for what they are doing, but there is no police check or crb or anything to work for these companies they are not bothered who you are as long as they can crack the whip and as long as you dont winge about the money, it upsets

Us as she is now out of work and has applied to hundreds of jobs and is willing to do anything to help support out family and companies like that see thia situation and see there are no jobs out there so they take advantage

No, it's these people who employ illegal immigrants and blackmail them. They employed hundreds of illegal migrants as junior staff members such as cleaners then management pocketed their wages and blackmailed them not to say anything by threatening to report them to immigration services.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229450/Hospital-cleaning-bosses-major-firm-arrested-blackmailing-illegal-immigrant-staff.html

What a shower, if I was your wife I would be looking to go elsewhere.

Edited by Badlittlepup
Sorry, forgot to paste link!

Ty andy thats the correct link, and the person said before dont let yourself get trodden on thats why she walked out, she is the only person that has voiced her opinion and gone on what she agrees amd walked out, she even told the boss of the hotel they are employing slave workers for what they are doing, but there is no police check or crb or anything to work for these companies they are not bothered who you are as long as they can crack the whip and as long as you dont winge about the money, it upsets

Us as she is now out of work and has applied to hundreds of jobs and is willing to do anything to help support out family and companies like that see thia situation and see there are no jobs out there so they take advantage

I think she's done the right thing reading up on some of the things that happen at that company, they sound like dreadful people to work for.

They want paperwork and proof of wage slips, my wife is waiting forthe wage slips to be sent to her but they are needing time start time finished and they only do a start time, you finish yours days work once you have completed all the rooms of the day, so time finishing is never the same

If that's how the wages are calculated then it seems like they ARE getting an hourly rate then.

The important question is whether that hourly rate is as per NMW regulations.

the hourly rate for an iss cleaner employed to clean at a travelodge is £6.19per hr but for this they are expected to clean 4.2 rooms per hour which is quite feasable as some of the rooms are stay overs where they just remake the bed and top up any used toiletries and empty the bin