Mother murders son for not learning the Koran quickly enough.

My Bold=

I have noticed that aswell although most are ok apart from one or two that see it as a chance to ridicule religious people.

Some say religious people are intolorant but imo most Atheists are very intolorant of religious people.

Yes but a forum isn't representative of all atheists.

Another thing to point out to those who do think only religious fanatics murder their children,check the statistics of parent/ child murders in this Country alone (something like one child murdered every ten days ) its outragious,not to mention all the children and babies who are victims of cruelty,but of course none of those tragedies could ever be blamed on atheists?

This was a tragic event,the mother must be mentally ill.

But of course we have to have all the atheist accusations that religion is to blame for every evil that exists in the world.

Any one with any sense knows that the majority of religious parents are as loving to their chidren as any atheist parent.

So when someone's religious beliefs go too far and someone dies, it must be because they mentally ill, rather than the fact she has at some point been indoctrinated into believing that a book is more important than a human.

A university graduate,so she obviously cant use ignorance as an excuse,like has been said this is one thing Islam cannot be totally blamed for the woman is a obvious nutter ,she probably would have done the same if she was a christian and teaching the boy the bible

A university graduate,so she obviously cant use ignorance as an excuse,like has been said this is one thing Islam cannot be totally blamed for the woman is a obvious nutter ,she probably would have done the same if she was a christian and teaching the boy the bible

I would set too much store by graduate status-intelligence and qualifications are often at variance with each other.

I would set too much store by graduate status-intelligence and qualifications are often at variance with each other.

Agreed but she's obviously not a backward uneducated ignoramus is she

Agreed but she's obviously not a backward uneducated ignoramus is she

Do you mean that a less educated person is more likely to exhibit such cruel conduct-sounds a bit harsh on the less gifted among the community.

Do you mean that a less educated person is more likely to exhibit such cruel conduct-sounds a bit harsh on the less gifted among the community.

Harsh but more often true

but of course none of those tragedies could ever be blamed on atheists?

Not unless they were beating their child into not believing in God, no.

So when someone's religious beliefs go too far and someone dies, it must be because they mentally ill, rather than the fact she has at some point been indoctrinated into believing that a book is more important than a human.

A great many people are indoctrinated with religion,but religion doesn't teach any of its followers to resort to that kind of fanatism,thats obsessive behaviour of the highest degree and the mother must have been unbalanced to resort to such cruelty and conduct that resulted in the death of the child she gave birth to.

Its impossible to imagine what caused such a tragedy to happen,and really its pointless speculating until we hear evidence from the trial.

Another thing to point out to those who do think only religious fanatics murder their children

I don't think anyone has suggested that only religious fanatics - or theists - murder their children.

check the statistics of parent/ child murders in this Country alone (something like one child murdered every ten days ) its outragious,not to mention all the children and babies who are victims of cruelty,but of course none of those tragedies could ever be blamed on atheists?

Thing is though Janie, theists, on an almost daily basis, are in the news for slaughtering children or adults because of - or for - their beliefs in a deity.

You're just not seeing the same thing for atheists. For example, when was the last time you saw an atheist in the news saying "I wanted my child to be an atheist, and he wasn't learning quick enough so I killed him." or "I thought my child was going to become theist so I shoved pages, from Richard Dawkin's God Delusion, down his throat until he suffocated."

It just doesn't happen.

A great many people are indoctrinated with religion,but religion doesn't teach any of its followers to resort to that kind of fanatism,thats obsessive behaviour of the highest degree and the mother must have been unbalanced to resort to such cruelty and conduct that resulted in the death of the child she gave birth to.

Its impossible to imagine what caused such a tragedy to happen,and really its pointless speculating until we hear evidence from the trial.

It may not teach all its followers to resort to that kind of fanaticism but it clearly does teach some to be fanatics.

Convincing an unbalanced individual that a book is more important than a person is what causes it.

If what some people are saying that religion isn't the cause of the tragedy, that the mother must have been mentally ill to do such a thing, where was the husband and what did he do to prevent this happening. It wasn't a one off accident, she regularly beat the poor little boy. Were they both mentally ill or more likely both religious fanatics ???