Mother murders son for not learning the Koran quickly enough.

Sara Ege used a stick to beat seven-year-old Yaseen “like a dog” if he couldn’t recite passages from the Islamic text.

The beatings were so brutal that the boy died from his injuries, and his mother tried to burn the body to destroy the evidence, Cardiff Crown Court was told.

Yaseen was originally thought to have died in the house fire. But a post-mortem examination showed Mrs Ege had been beating and abusing her little boy in the months leading up to his murder.

In a video recording of her interview with police, Mrs Ege told them: “I was trying to teach him the Koran.

“I was getting more and more frustrated. If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry — I would hit him.

We had a high target. I wanted him to learn 35 pages in three months.

“I promised him a new bike if he could do it. But Yaseen wasn’t very good — after a year of practice he had only learnt a chapter.”

The court heard Mrs Ege, 32, a university graduate, and her husband, Yousuf, had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque.

They wanted him to become a hafiz — an Islamic term for someone who memorises the Koran.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9648856/Mother-murdered-son-for-failing-to-learn-the-Koran.html

It seems the child wasn't being brainwashed fast enough.

Edited by caparo

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg

The silly woman, and that's an understatement.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

- Steven Weinberg

The silly woman, and that's an understatement.

Thats now my new signature, thanks

Edited by WeX

This woman needs locking up for a long time with extra added on, the stupidity of some people never fails to amaze me.

RIP Yaseen...

What an absolute miserable fear ridden life the child must have had.

Cell, lock, key...throw away.

What an absolute miserable fear ridden life the child must have had.

Cell, lock, key...throw away.

One has to presume that the husband knew what was going on and at best chose to do nothing.

One has to presume that the husband knew what was going on and at best chose to do nothing.

I bet he had a hand in it either beating or burning the body.

Sara Ege used a stick to beat seven-year-old Yaseen “like a dog” if he couldn’t recite passages from the Islamic text.

The beatings were so brutal that the boy died from his injuries, and his mother tried to burn the body to destroy the evidence, Cardiff Crown Court was told.

Yaseen was originally thought to have died in the house fire. But a post-mortem examination showed Mrs Ege had been beating and abusing her little boy in the months leading up to his murder.

In a video recording of her interview with police, Mrs Ege told them: “I was trying to teach him the Koran.

“I was getting more and more frustrated. If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry — I would hit him.

We had a high target. I wanted him to learn 35 pages in three months.

“I promised him a new bike if he could do it. But Yaseen wasn’t very good — after a year of practice he had only learnt a chapter.”

The court heard Mrs Ege, 32, a university graduate, and her husband, Yousuf, had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque.

They wanted him to become a hafiz — an Islamic term for someone who memorises the Koran.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9648856/Mother-murdered-son-for-failing-to-learn-the-Koran.html

It seems the child wasn't being brainwashed fast enough.

What a savage!!!

I don't think that the demise of this poor boy had a thing to do with religion of any sort. I think it had to do with a woman who was using that as a reason to do unspeakably horrible things to a child she should have been loving.

This is no more connected to religion than the abhorrent case of Stephen Farrow, who killed because he had a deep seated hatred of the church. The religions are just an outlet for a monster to do monstrous things.

I don't think that the demise of this poor boy had a thing to do with religion of any sort. I think it had to do with a woman who was using that as a reason to do unspeakably horrible things to a child she should have been loving.

This is no more connected to religion than the abhorrent case of Stephen Farrow, who killed because he had a deep seated hatred of the church. The religions are just an outlet for a monster to do monstrous things.

Reads to me like it's All about that leligion :confused:

Reads to me like it's All about that leligion :confused:

What Madusa is implying is, if you removed the religious aspect the mother would still have beaten the child regardless.