NEW charity knitting group website calling for members

Hi,

I am putting the post in the hope to get people that are interested in knitting and helping people less fortunate than themselves. I have a list of items that are needed by various charities and projects including specially requested items.

At the moment I am desperately needing gloves, mittens, hats, scarves for a Sheffield based charity that helps homeless children and teenagers.

Both these groups are needing more helpers and are run by me. I am also looking at finding a venue so we can have a monthly meet and items can be brought to the meeting as opposed to posting, which will lower costs by helpers.

If you want to reply to this post, I will send you a link to the website and the facebook group page. If you prefer one over the other, please let me know in your message.

Thank you for your time

I would love to help out. I'm not the most competent knitter but I can manage scarves!!

Hi CatN

Thank you for your offer of help. If you can help by knitting scarves that would be greatly appreciated as obviously these are needed as soon as possible for the winter months.

Thank you

Thanks for those links :)

As soon as I have finished my current project I will make a start

Hi CatN,

You are welcome, but thank you. I am currently looking into setting up a knitting group meeting once a month. Working on a venue at the moment. Would this be something that you could be interested in? Where you can chat with other knitters, hand in completed items, learn new techniques and build confidence & also help teach others to learn the skill of knitting.

I certainly could be interested, will stay tuned fr any updates :)

I would be interested in joining a charity knitting group, I do a lot of knitting but unfortunately the majority of people don't want hand knitted items as gifts! Presently doing baby blankets for famlily babies due after Christmas. Sent request to join Facebook group - regards Kaz

I am interested in joining this as well I'd just started to crochet a baby blanket but I don't know where to donate that, any ideas?

Hi,

the rain rescue shop sell knitted donated items or auction them off on facebook or ebay, large blankets could also be used by the charity for dogs and cats

many thanks

I would be interested in joining a charity knitting group, I do a lot of knitting but unfortunately the majority of people don't want hand knitted items as gifts! Presently doing baby blankets for famlily babies due after Christmas. Sent request to join Facebook group - regards Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Apologies for not replying sooner. I had a fall over Christmas and have been out of action for a little while.

The groups are starting at the end of this month. If you want to send me a direct email to [email protected], I will send you a venues sheet with full details on.

Cityclicker

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 20:33 ----------

I am interested in joining this as well I'd just started to crochet a baby blanket but I don't know where to donate that, any ideas?

Hi,

If you have not found anywhere to donate your blanket to, we are currently making them for an orphanage in Mombasa, South Africa which has approx 200 orphans living there.

Cityclicker

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 20:35 ----------

Hi,

the rain rescue shop sell knitted donated items or auction them off on facebook or ebay, large blankets could also be used by the charity for dogs and cats

many thanks

Hi,

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and maybe we could discuss if the group could help Rain Rescue in any way.

Cityclicker