Burglary Woodhouse overnight & car stolen

I know. It's too late when they've gone. I'd always ring the police and have done in the past when I suspect somethings not right. The cost of replacing the stolen stuff and getting better security, bigger gates, fence, new door is going to be over £3000. Money we haven't got. It makes me wonder how they can sleep at night! Probably soundly.

My neighbour's house alarm was going off last year, I called the police and was told to go and see if they were still in the property as they only come out if there is an actual burglary going on. My response was, their alarm never goes off, same reply from the operator.

I am not a trained police officer and I didn't fancy getting my head battered by some scumbag burglars !

What IS it with people?

If you ring the police when something is ACTUALLY in progress, they'll usually send somebody immediately, as they've a chance of actually catching them

Words fail me

Maybe about 20 years ago they did. My neighbour phoned the police at 18:00 to say someone had broken in my house and was still there, I rang them at 19:30 to say I'd been burgled. I was told not to touch any entrance / exit points. Was sat with my door wide open in freezing weather, phoned them again at 3am to ask if anyone was coming as I needed to close the door, told not to until they had been, asked then to hurry up as I was a female alone in an unsecured house & was scared they would come back to take what they had left behind. I finally got fed up at 9am & closed the door - the police finally turned up at 17:30 (almost 24 hours after a crime in progress had been reported) & had a go at me for closing the door & destroying any evidence. Told them didn't need evidence, gave them the names & addresses & where mine & 2 other people's from that nights taking were being held. Two years later still waiting for them to go & look.

No not while the guys were at it. He came accross when my partner got back and told him about the guys going up our drive. He said they stopped at his house first. The police were called but they wouldn't send CSI due to it raining . Our neighbour gave a good description of the guys and van.We're now having very large gates and everything is now alarmed. Theiving gits.

What was the descripition of these guys ?

Bit strange my friends house was broke into and they took the keys then stole her c3! This was a month ago.

To answer the various questions raised she was in the house at the time and she lives in John Calvert Road . To be fair to the police they attended promptly and she has had visits from the CSI and CID plus PCSOs and contact from Victims Support . Her stolen car was seen on CCTV being driven down the Parkway at about 1-30 am Sat and to date it is still missing . Interesting that another C3 was stolen recently as they are not the type of car I associate with being targetted . Someone out there must know something .

I know. It's too late when they've gone. I'd always ring the police and have done in the past when I suspect somethings not right. The cost of replacing the stolen stuff and getting better security, bigger gates, fence, new door is going to be over £3000. Money we haven't got. It makes me wonder how they can sleep at night! Probably soundly.

Tell the police that you have shot the thieves and their bodies are laying dead on your drive. They will soon be round

Mine was left in high green a couple of days, i assume to see if ut had been tracked. Then taken apart up in Halifax

Mine was left in high green a couple of days, i assume to see if ut had been tracked. Then taken apart up in Halifax

what happened with that? did anybody get prosecuted for it I remember reading the thread

Nope everyone got away scott free though i did get the wheels back. I had a call from SYP arranging to come and take another statement as they'd arrested somebody but they never turned up

Well I rang the police last night to report somebody behaving oddly, and there was a car sent out to patrol within 5 mins

Whatever you think about the police and their response, they can't do a damned thing without us being the eyes and ears on the ground. If you think they're doing a bad job, consider how much of a part you are playing in that

My daughters house in Woodhouse has been broken into overnight and TV, laptop and her Citroen C3 car stolen . Car is dark grey and has a distinctive number JU57 GYM . Anyone seen the car or know anything ?

Same thing happened to my friend about 10 day's ago, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same gang...