Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

Pray tell how I am a hypocrite.

I am intrigued.

I don't get drunk. I don't get violent. I am not racist.

I also don't see where prejudice comes into it. The woman was drunk whilst caring for young children. She verbally abused and then attacked an innocent stranger.

Do you even know the meanings of the words you've chosen? To be a hypocrite I would have to be guilty of the things I am condemning her for, which I am not.

I also cannot be prejudiced as I am basing my opinion purely on her disgraceful actions.

You can get free dictionaries on the internet you know.

The way you expressed yourself seemed idiotic frankly making you guilty on that count.I do know such dictionaries exist and would advise you to consult them when posting.

Hi, just wondering how you advocate tackling racism at a societal level?

Much valuable work is done in schools but many racist attitudes are hard to eradicate as they are founded on historical matters such as the empire,slavery etc.Prisons will not tackle this.

Much valuable work is done in schools but many racist attitudes are hard to eradicate as they are founded on historical matters such as the empire,slavery etc.Prisons will not tackle this.

Personally I'm in agreement that prison would be of no help to her or society other than to remove her from it. Her views are not unique and quite rightly shouldn't be banged up because of them. On the other hand it's how you put those views into action which seems to be the critical point..enforcing those views with violence shouldn't be tolerated, that's an aside from her views IMO and should be kept separate.

I haven't watched the link but I can well imagine what it consists of..uneducated Englishness at its lowest.

The judge was right not to jail her.

To do so would have been unfair on her unborn baby.

I think Moran is correct here. Abhorrent though her part in this vile assault was, prison won't put it right.

This is so right- a custodial sentence would punish the children involved.If society thinks it can eradicate racism using prisons it is wrong.Prison will consolidate any racist tendency ,and will brutalise the individual.

Yes. The woman in question will not mend her ways simply by virtue of being imprisoned' she's clearly a damaged individual and prison will further damage her.

Hi, just wondering how you advocate tackling racism at a societal level?

Good question,

Followed by a good answer, to which I would add that racist attitudes and opinions need to be robustly challenged at every opportunity.

But surely punishment should be for the action not for her opinion.

Whilst many on here disapprove of her opinion,that isn't justification for prison,her actions are what she should be taken to task for.

i.e verbal assault,being drunk in public

Pray tell how I am a hypocrite.

I am intrigued.

I don't get drunk. I don't get violent. I am not racist.

I also don't see where prejudice comes into it. The woman was drunk whilst caring for young children. She verbally abused and then attacked an innocent stranger.

Do you even know the meanings of the words you've chosen? To be a hypocrite I would have to be guilty of the things I am condemning her for, which I am not.

I also cannot be prejudiced as I am basing my opinion purely on her disgraceful actions.

You can get free dictionaries on the internet you know.

Well said.

But surely punishment should be for the action not for her opinion.

Whilst many on here disapprove of her opinion,that isn't justification for prison,her actions are what she should be taken to task for.

i.e verbal assault,being drunk in public

Physical assault and being drunk and disorderly whilst having responsibility for several children.

Don't understate it.

Didn't the Somali women attack in a gang?

Your not comparing like with like.

This isn't a case of white/non-white. A man got beat by a woman on her own. Woman is always going to get let off. Unless perhaps she attacked in a gang.

No he didn't . Se was part of a larger gang (hence being charged alongside men).

Disgusting lowlife, people like her should be spayed.

Thumbs up..........

She is violent recidivist. The 3 attackers had 21 previous convictions between them. How many "last chances" should people have?

The judge was right not to jail her.

To do so would have been unfair on her unborn baby.

Not the same as the somali incident at all.

I think its more unfair on her unborn /and current kids) not to jail her. What a poor life those kids have.

Disgusting lowlife, people like her should be spayed.

Better still put down,her kids will be the same but in 2 fold but by the time her breeding finishes could be 10 fold.