Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

Yes, how dare the government spend money to imprison this woman. She's a model citizen, she's proven that 20 odd times ;):)

Apart from the innocent man, who was viciously assaulted, I feel sorry for the kids. No matter what happens, it will be a traumatic experience for them, which inevitably will result in a degree of psychological damage.

It looks like you two have found soul mates and suggest you now exchange posts.

I think its more unfair on her unborn /and current kids) not to jail her. What a poor life those kids have.

Youll get no argument from me there.

Shes scum and her kids have little or no chance of a normal life.

I detect you would like society to help this woman raise her family in a responsible way.You both please and surprise me with this suggestion.What help do you foresee?

If there was some suggestion here that she had an alcohol problem you could offer her support for alcoholism. That doesn't seem to be the case here, she just seems to enjoy drinking to excess.

If she was young and was struggling because she was still behaving in this immature way because of her own age you might suggest that she live with her children in supported housing where she could be given guidance appropriate to her age and discouraged from behaviours inappropriate for someone caring for children such as drinking heavily and mixing with gangs. But she's well into adulthood.

If her violence was as a result of a mental health issue you could treat that, but that isn't the case here.

A line has to be drawn when you're talking about 'support' and 'help' being an answer because when you take it to the extremes you do it's just an excuse to absolve people of any personal responsibility for their hideous behaviour.

The only thing I could possibly see being any use to this family is them living in supervised accommodation where the mothers behaviour towards her children and their safety can be monitored.

Of course this wouldn't be funded but I'm sure that you would find some kind of excuse for her to have the right to continue to get state funds to bring her children up in a private home where they're exposed to drink fuelled violence.

As the judge said, if this is what the children have seen in public heaven knows what they are exposed to behind closed doors.

This is exactly how those boys in Edlington ended up getting to the point where they tortured and nearly killed two other children. Excuses made for poor drunken parenting. Plenty of handwringing done by your type after the event about how they ended up in that situation but attitudes like yours before the event let it happen.

It looks like you two have found soul mates and suggest you now exchange posts.

Still waiting for response... instead, you come out with comments like this :roll:

It is no wonder that we have so many people like her, what an exemplary role model she is to her children. How is this going to have affected her daughter, will she think it is ok to abuse people because they are not the same colour as her?

Children should never be taken into account when it comes to sentencing, imo. I do not see why kids should be used as a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

It's also discriminatory to those who commit similar crimes but are jailed because they don't have the convenience of children, imo.

Still waiting for response... instead, you come out with comments like this :roll:

I have been persuaded that your position like mine is fixed and I can devote no more time to the discussion.In addition I have been down the market to run a few errands_Saturdays offer a rare chance to escape.

Children should never be taken into account when it comes to sentencing, imo. I do not see why kids should be used as a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

It's also discriminatory to those who commit similar crimes but are jailed because they don't have the convenience of children, imo.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination,as judges must decide each case on its given circumstances.Thats why judges run the show not a lay person blind to the wider implications of sentencing.

Of course they should, otherwise you are guilty of punishing innocent children for crimes they had no part in.

Of course, there's an inevitability about this for more serious crimes, but to suggest that they should never be taken into account is vindictive, cruel and hateful to children.

Of course they should, otherwise you are guilty of punishing innocent children for crimes they had no part in.

Of course, there's an inevitability about this for more serious crimes, but to suggest that they should never be taken into account is vindictive, cruel and hateful to children.

Think about it.

'Not taking into account' is hardly 'vindictive, cruel and hateful'. Unless you just like exaggerating what other people have said and being a little drama queen, of course.

It doesn't punish the children, if anything it is highly beneficial to them as it teaches them a valuable life lesson that such wrong doing is punishable by going to prison.

The day trips out to see mum or dad in jail will be an adventure for them.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination,as judges must decide each case on its given circumstances.Thats why judges run the show not a lay person blind to the wider implications of sentencing.

So you are saying people without children should be treated more harshly? What happened to all being equal under the law?