Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

This is so right- a custodial sentence would punish the children involved.If society thinks it can eradicate racism using prisons it is wrong.Prison will consolidate any racist tendency ,and will brutalise the indivudual.

So what's the alternative? She's already a violent thug. She's been done repeatedly for it and getting a slap on the wrist isn't going to help. At least in prison she'd be off the streets and unable to terrorise innocent people. Her children could have the chance to be raised by an actual human being, in a loving environment, instead of being hauled around by a drunken idiot.

So what's the alternative? She's already a violent thug. She's been done repeatedly for it and getting a slap on the wrist isn't going to help. At least in prison she'd be off the streets and unable to terrorise innocent people. Her children could have the chance to be raised by an actual human being, in a loving environment, instead of being hauled around by a drunken idiot.

It may be difficult for you to envisage an alternative,but that does not justify using a prison system which costs £60 per night to operate( per person) and further expenses arranging care for the children(perhaps a further £60).A total cost of £40,000 per annum to achieve a sense of retribution does not make sense.If you think this woman is a drunken idiot,intemperate language in my opinion, then you are rather prejudiced and perhaps a little hypocritical.A little reflection all round would be a suitable starting point.

I remember the howls of protest on here when the Somali girl gang was let off for attacking a white woman a bit back and some posters were claiming it was because they were ethnics that they were let off.

Well here's a surprise, this time it's a pregnant white woman attacking an ethnic caught on film and in front of her kids and she gets let off as well as her boyfriend and his friend who also joined in.

Link here= http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4620123.ece

I saw this article on the day it came out but waited to see if any of the "justice seekers" howling about the injustice of the Somali girls let off would make a mention of this story.

In reality if its an ethnic getting away with something a big song and dance is made but when it's the other way round the silence is deafening.

Disgusting, people should be punished for such vile actions and the judge has shown the weakness of the criminal justice system to deal with violent people.

Disgusting, people should be punished for such vile actions and the judge has shown the weakness of the criminal justice system to deal with violent people.

Who do you believe should sentence the guilty- a cadre of Sheffield Forum vigilantes?

Who do you believe should sentence the guilty- a cadre of Sheffield Forum vigilantes?

I don't see why the jury shouldn't have some input. People are tried in front of a jury of their peers. Their peers can find them guilty, it makes sense for them to decide or at least have input on the punishment too.

.If society thinks it can eradicate racism using prisons it is wrong.Prison will consolidate any racist tendency ,and will brutalise the indivudual.

Hi, just wondering how you advocate tackling racism at a societal level?

A good start would be to put down scum like that bunch.

Society won't miss that rubbish.

I remember the howls of protest on here when the Somali girl gang was let off for attacking a white woman a bit back and some posters were claiming it was because they were ethnics that they were let off.

Well here's a surprise, this time it's a pregnant white woman attacking an ethnic caught on film and in front of her kids and she gets let off as well as her boyfriend and his friend who also joined in.

Link here= http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4620123.ece

I saw this article on the day it came out but waited to see if any of the "justice seekers" howling about the injustice of the Somali girls let off would make a mention of this story.

In reality if its an ethnic getting away with something a big song and dance is made but when it's the other way round the silence is deafening.

They should have been jailed in both cases. I really don't see the point you're making. I think the Somali girls should have been jailed and shouldn't have got off because of their ethnicity. I also think this girl should have been jailed because it was a horrible attack and motherhood shouldn't be an excuse when you are so evidently crap at it.

Do you think that people who were disappointed the Somali girls weren't jailed would automatically applaud this girl? Not the case, would like to see all of them banged up.

I think the OP is a little harsh but I can see where you're coming from. To be fair, for a fair few people on here, the forum IS where they learn the news from. I hadn't heard of this story before. Would I have started a thread about it? No. Would I have started one about the Somalian girls? No. BUT I'd post on both after reading here. Both acts are shameful.

It may be difficult for you to envisage an alternative,but that does not justify using a prison system which costs £60 per night to operate( per person) and further expenses arranging care for the children(perhaps a further £60).A total cost of £40,000 per annum to achieve a sense of retribution does not make sense.If you think this woman is a drunken idiot,intemperate language in my opinion, then you are rather prejudiced and perhaps a little hypocritical.A little reflection all round would be a suitable starting point.

Pray tell how I am a hypocrite.

I am intrigued.

I don't get drunk. I don't get violent. I am not racist.

I also don't see where prejudice comes into it. The woman was drunk whilst caring for young children. She verbally abused and then attacked an innocent stranger.

Do you even know the meanings of the words you've chosen? To be a hypocrite I would have to be guilty of the things I am condemning her for, which I am not.

I also cannot be prejudiced as I am basing my opinion purely on her disgraceful actions.

You can get free dictionaries on the internet you know.

I think it is important that money is spent on improving the lives of children. No child asks to be born to a mother who behaves like this woman did, especially as they were with her. She is also bringing another victim into the world. :shakes:

How dare anyone who has been privileged enough to have children allow them to witness their mother behaving in such a vile manner. Her sentence is of little importance. If social services gave her chances to take parental responsibility and she has failed, then perhaps there is a need for these children to be removed. There are plenty of decent families who would adopt and give them loving homes, especially when they are infants. Once a child has been adopted, there is no cost to the taxpayer, the adoptive parents have full responsibility.

I don't see why the jury shouldn't have some input. People are tried in front of a jury of their peers. Their peers can find them guilty, it makes sense for them to decide or at least have input on the punishment too.

Sentencing must be carried out by an experienced person,as it is subject to various constraints-you cant anyone acting as judge and jury.Law operates on the principle of separation of powers.