The Comet in administration thread

Contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau, or trading standards.

Even if you can't get joy from Comet, it might be that you could claim against the manufacturers to get the defect repaired?

Defect ? They didn't even receive it.

I'm sorry to say, but it's doubtful you will get your money back, or a cooker... once a company has gone into administration like this, it's very difficult for anyone to get anything from them simply because they don't have the money...

IT APPEARS THERE IS A MISUNDERSTANDING i purchased a cooker on 30th october on the 2nd november comet went into administration i didnt get the cooker delivered and i didnt get a refund

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:03 ----------

if comet is still trading surely they should honour purchases

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:05 ----------

what defect

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:06 ----------

Defect ? They didn't even receive it.

what defect

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:11 ----------

Contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau, or trading standards.

Even if you can't get joy from Comet, it might be that you could claim against the manufacturers to get the defect repaired?

if you comment please read the post before you do there is no defect just looks like i may have been ripped off

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:14 ----------

I'm sorry to say, but it's doubtful you will get your money back, or a cooker... once a company has gone into administration like this, it's very difficult for anyone to get anything from them simply because they don't have the money...

comet is still trading surely they should honour purchases thanks anyway

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:15 ----------

comet is still trading surely they should honour purchases thanks anyway

I would contact trading standards. You are entitled to a refund or a replacement from any of the other shops, may well be that you would have to arrange collection. Act now, before the close all the rest of shops. Good Luck!

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:36 ----------

Have you heard of full stops?

What has this got to do with her question??:loopy:

This is why it is a good idea to purchase expensive items with a credit card.

I would contact trading standards. You are entitled to a refund or a replacement from any of the other shops, may well be that you would have to arrange collection. Act now, before the close all the rest of shops. Good Luck!

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 20:36 ----------

What has this got to do with her question??:loopy:

Well, it's a bit difficult to actually read the question. :loopy:

Well, it's a bit difficult to actually read the question. :loopy:

You`re very RUDE! :roll:

there is none in stock there was when i purchased it after 2nd november all stock disappeared all i require is a refund because they didnt honour the delivery agreement but because it was purchased 3 days before they went bust its not down to administrators to refund i know it makes no sense to me

if you want to comment please do so with manners some are making helpful suggestions have some respect or keep away you will be blocked if you dont behave

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 21:00 ----------

thankyou very much this is very helpful