Berkley Precinct Parking Fine

I was doing a delivery (loading) the other day and parked out of the way to the side of the exit not blocking anyone in Berkley Precinct on Ecclessall Road. I've done it loads before but looks to be now run by a private company and they gave me a ticket for not 'parking within the white lines'. £60! I wrote and explained my reason (loading, in a business vehicle) but they are standing firm.

Anyone else had any experience with this company? and what to do? How likely am I to get off if it goes to court and if its likely to get that far?

I think they were being greedy cos all they had to do was tell me and it wouldn't happen again and It was obvious I wasn't parking to shop if that makes sense. My mistake for not realising but I did look at the sign and it didn't mention Loading wasn't ok like it does on the streets.

fanx :)

I thought Excel looked after that one and they had been banned for 3 months from using the DVLA database?

Either way, bin it and ignore it (assuming it isnt a Council one). You shouldnt have written to them.

I thought Excel looked after that one and they had been banned for 3 months from using the DVLA database?

If the OP was using a company vehicle maybe the name of the company was on the side and the notice has just got passed "down the line" to the OP? Ah.. On second reading it looks like the OP has replied to the ticket stuck on the windscreen..

Edited by truman

it won't go to court. excel wont be going anywhere near a court room anytime soon so just ignore them and any letters from debt collectors and fake solicitors. don't corrspond any further

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Just ignore the "invoice" from the private parking company, its worthless ,totally un-enforcable. It has no legal standing.

As above. It will say 'Invoice' on it and not 'Penalty Charge', It's totally worthless. There was a programme on about them the other night, not worth the paper it's printed on.

I can't work out where exactly you were parked.

In Berkeley Precinct?

Granma.

Ignore it. I did, and after four letters of questionable legality, heard nothing else. That was for staying too long at Berkeley Precinct back in 2010.

Ignore it, even the parking company know that a charge of £60 for not parking within the white lines is complete extortion.

Next time you should not even reply, bin all letters - only pay council or police fines.

If its Excel, ignore it. As another member has said, they have been banne from the DVLA database for being a bunch of crooks!

This is a link to the report in the star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/dvla-bans-excel-from-database-1-5038603 for some reason the threads on here about this have been removed by the mods.

We can only hope EXCEL go out of business in the three months they are prevented from accessing the DVLA database. In fact f this happened after the 18 October 2012 and they have sent you a letter in the post, this could mean they are still getting hold of the data and the DVLA should be notified.

If its Excel, ignore it. As another member has said, they have been banne from the DVLA database for being a bunch of crooks!

This is a link to the report in the star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/dvla-bans-excel-from-database-1-5038603 for some reason the threads on here about this have been removed by the mods.

We can only hope EXCEL go out of business in the three months they are prevented from accessing the DVLA database. In fact f this happened after the 18 October 2012 and they have sent you a letter in the post, this could mean they are still getting hold of the data and the DVLA should be notified.

Ignore them from EVERY private parking company , none of them are enforceable.