Plusnet free internet con?

I recently won a free year worth of internet package from Plusnet.

When it came to installing this I got a call from them saying that I would have to pay £13.99 per month (cable) for line rental & £60 one off payment to install the package.

There was me thinking I had won a FREE! internet package.

I have mailed them but as of yet have had not had any response back *surprise surprise*

Has anyone else had any experience like this from them?

As my nan used to say "owt that's nowt in't worth owt", though she was quite mental.

As my nan used to say "owt that's nowt in't worth owt", though she was quite mental.

She might have been onto something there ;)

Surely, they could get done for false advertising?

A penny to a pound there will be something in the small print or T&C's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harestone

She might have been onto something there

With most internet providers you pay for installation unless its a special offer. With all of them, you need to pay line rental. You're getting the actual internet usage and allowances for free, so I guess that would be their way out of it.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I recently won a free year worth of internet package from Plusnet.

When it came to installing this I got a call from them saying that I would have to pay £13.99 per month (cable) for line rental & £60 one off payment to install the package.

Really? How did you win it? I'm surprised you're being held to the installation cost. Has your account been set up yet and if so can you provide me with your account username?

Best regards,

Like Harestone says Ts & Cs will cover that, if they'd had said internet & phone then yes, but these companies are crafty.

Like Harestone says Ts & Cs will cover that, if they'd had said internet & phone then yes, but these companies are crafty.

Just read the post above yours.

That is 'PlusNet' and they are likely to sort it.

Just read the post above yours.

That is 'PlusNet' and they are likely to sort it.

Did not see that, but if they doing that, its very decent of them I didn't have a go at them directly :)

Really? How did you win it? I'm surprised you're being held to the installation cost. Has your account been set up yet and if so can you provide me with your account username?

Best regards,

Hi,

Yes really. I was at your Online event at the Town Hall two weeks ago (Wednesday) Jennifer Ellison was also their on behalf of Plusnet.

I entered your prize draw. I was quite please that I had won the internet package but sadly that turned to dismay when I got a call from your colleague, R.Armstrong stating the above. She said to me that I would have to pay the £60 installation fee? as well as the £13.99

To me this is not a free internet package when you have to pay "extras" Fair enough, if you had advertised on your publicity for the draw *this is not including exclusions* but this is was not stated, it clearly stated *win free internet package for a year*which I would deem as false advertising.

I have emailed Plusnet but have not had a reply as of yet.

Kind regards,

Edited by JemimaS

I wouldn't say that a line rental for a phone line and "installation" are extras.

You need a line to get plusnet broadband. That's how it works. thus you will need to pay line rental. Its not beamed to you through the galaxy.

As for installing, well of course if you have no line then then will need to put one in. So....that's what the charge will be for.

As others have said. You are getting your free broadband by the fact you are not paying your £15 a month broadband charges or whatever.

That's the draw you entered. That's what you won.