Christmas lights switch on

In this year of the Olympics on our home ground, 2012, there was a fairly successful athelete called Jessica Ennis. Some of you may even have heard of her, she is sometimes hailed as the pride of Sheffield. One would have thought that at the end of such a year, her home city may have had her booked to switch the Christmas lights on.

HOW DID THIS NOT HAPPEN?

Which muppets didn't have the foresight at the beginning of the year to get Jessica Ennis to switch on the Christmas lights of her own city? More importantly, which muppets booked a couple of karaoke nobodies?:rant::suspect::gag:

Shame they couldn't get someone decent a local athlete would be much better than some x factor nobodys.

Totally agree.

Maybe there was something in Jess's contract with Meadowhell to say that she couldn't do the Sheffield switchon as well? (just guessing)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Cheers for that video, it's a shame I missed it this year :mad:

It'll probably be some Z-list no mark who's been on "Britains got Talentless Morons."

I was correct then.

In this year of the Olympics on our home ground, 2012, there was a fairly successful athelete called Jessica Ennis. Some of you may even have heard of her, she is sometimes hailed as the pride of Sheffield. One would have thought that at the end of such a year, her home city may have had her booked to switch the Christmas lights on.

HOW DID THIS NOT HAPPEN?

Which muppets didn't have the foresight at the beginning of the year to get Jessica Ennis to switch on the Christmas lights of her own city? More importantly, which muppets booked a couple of karaoke nobodies?:rant::suspect::gag:

Totally agree.

Spot on these talentless Karaoke stars are such poor role models in a year when so much positive stuff has happened with the Olympics even if it was a lesser athlete than Jessica an Olympic "name" would have been a much better choice.

My daughter summed it up magnificently! When we arrived at the main stage and it was announced that Joe and Matt were going to be singing, she said " It's not like they're famous!" I had to laugh!!