?stray medium brown dog hillsborough park, maybe also Shirecliffe area

Will try and get a photo cyb1

of note, today the Helping Hands Dog Trust was in the park and are now alerted to it. They are a dogs trust and so are more concerned than the dog warden. If anyone sees it, they can be contacted on either 0114 248 4754 or mob: 0794 940 4183.

They will keep patrolling every day so fingers crossed for the little guy :)

Will try and get a photo cyb1

of note, today the Helping Hands Dog Trust was in the park and are now alerted to it. They are a dogs trust and so are more concerned than the dog warden. If anyone sees it, they can be contacted on either 0114 248 4754 or mob: 0794 940 4183.

They will keep patrolling every day so fingers crossed for the little guy :)

Its dog rescue, Please dont attack the wardens they try their best but they are un en dated at the min , if anyone in the area could keep a log of sightings it would be good to work this lads routine, to give us a chance,

please if you could do as nigel says and make a log and if possible take a photo it would life much easier as we are all run off our feet trying to find the missing dogs thats been spooked by fireworks !! ....we cant trap this one unless we are sure its a stray !! or owners are looking for it

Several times now this past week or so I have seen a brown medium sized mongrel type dog in Hillsborough Park whilst walking my own. Each time it has latched onto mine and not left them alone and so followed us all over. It also seems to have been pestering other owners and following them about.

I've asked around various other dog owners and quite a few have seen the same dog. It followed me out of the park last weekend and nearly got hit a couple of times by passing cars, I had to dart back in the park so it would follow me back in again. It is a lovely dog & friendly enough but very timid! He is also a boy. I've tried to catch him several times but he darts away each time.

He was in the park again today and a lady I spoke to said it had got hit by a car this morning, thankfully not badly, and he ran off again!

I wondered if anybody knew if it belonged to anyone around the Hillsborough Park area or if it is a stray?

Before anyone asks, the dog warden was useless as he was called, came out in his van while the dog was in the park, he drove in and around a couple of times before leaving again (without exiting his van)!

November 5th is coming up and fireworks are getting more and more and I hate to see this or think of it wandering around. If it does belong to someone who turfs it out, then they don't deserve to keep it as it has no road sense whatsoever!

To be honest I personally couldn't leave the dog to fend for itself knowing its going to get killed so why don't you take it home or take it to a rescue ?

Re-read the op. They have tried to catch it but he darts away

To be honest I personally couldn't leave the dog to fend for itself knowing its going to get killed so why don't you take it home or take it to a rescue ?

Have you actually bothered to read *any* of this thread?

dont know if this is same dog but there is an advert in new tesco on dykeshall road looking for a stray mongrel its called marmite will look later to see wat phone number is

That would be helpful kim hill thanks. Been patrolling the park today but so far haven't seen him again I'm afraid :(

Just hope he is okay wherever he is...

That would be helpful kim hill thanks. Been patrolling the park today but so far haven't seen him again I'm afraid :(

Just hope he is okay wherever he is...

Cazowl if what is happening with this dog is what we believe to be happening then it would be right not to see it at w/e s im just hoping that it is ok and it returns to its routines Monday,if anyone does see it then please let me know via pm. i will try to get down again on monday

thanks pets@home, yes I've been out looking again today but no luck. I couldn't see him anywhere, but I do remember seeing him last weekend during the day.

If anyone does manage to get him via this thread, I am hoping they can let us all know so we can relax.

I also wondered if maybe he does have an owner, and they have somehow been alerted to this and are finally keeping him in when it's dark (this is what I am hoping anyway).

Anyway I will pop out tomorrow when I come home from work with mine to have another look x

Okay - here's an update. This dog has been seen again in Hillsborough Park today around 3pm ish by my sister. The difference now, is that this boy seems to have acquired a small collar around his neck which is barely noticeable because of his fur, but it still does not have any identification tag attached to it.

This means that he does not appear to be a stray. However - if he does belong to someone, he is still being left to wander to his own devices and has come dangerously close yet again to being hit by a passing car when he followed my sister out of the park!

She has now managed to take a picture on her phone. I'm not sure how to upload on here as I can't find an option to do it, but I have put him on my facebook page, so here is the link which hopefully should work:

He is either lost and wandering, or else has a home but only when it suits maybe?!? I have no idea, but he is not going to be lucky for very much longer.

We can't see the pic cazowl. Have you made sure the privacy settings are public?