?stray medium brown dog hillsborough park, maybe also Shirecliffe area

Several times now this past week or so I have seen a brown medium sized mongrel type dog in Hillsborough Park whilst walking my own. Each time it has latched onto mine and not left them alone and so followed us all over. It also seems to have been pestering other owners and following them about.

I've asked around various other dog owners and quite a few have seen the same dog. It followed me out of the park last weekend and nearly got hit a couple of times by passing cars, I had to dart back in the park so it would follow me back in again. It is a lovely dog & friendly enough but very timid! He is also a boy. I've tried to catch him several times but he darts away each time.

He was in the park again today and a lady I spoke to said it had got hit by a car this morning, thankfully not badly, and he ran off again!

I wondered if anybody knew if it belonged to anyone around the Hillsborough Park area or if it is a stray?

Before anyone asks, the dog warden was useless as he was called, came out in his van while the dog was in the park, he drove in and around a couple of times before leaving again (without exiting his van)!

November 5th is coming up and fireworks are getting more and more and I hate to see this or think of it wandering around. If it does belong to someone who turfs it out, then they don't deserve to keep it as it has no road sense whatsoever!

I've seen this dog too numerous times over the past week it's obviously very timid as wants to play with my dogs but will not have any human contact

I'm very worried as the nights are getting so cold

But can't get near enough to put it on lead

Have you checked to see if this dog is listed on doglost?

I've tried to get a collar on it too but it won't entertain the idea, poor thing. I just wonder if it does belong to someone or not. Yes it is dropping extremely cold at night now and this weekend will be bad with fireworks etc. I'm also very worried for it. I even tried coaxing it with treats but it just snatches them and runs off

It's followed my partner home a couple of times as we only live on hawksley ave and even come up the gennel at the side of the house I'm pretty sure we could catch it if it does this again it's just trying to get it to follow as so many people have tried to catch it its grown wise to it

Really disappointed in RSPCA an dog wardens

Thanks strix will try dog lost x

Edited by Snipz
Name

thanks strix I couldn't see it on there using the postcode area search. I only live on Parkside Rd opposite & overlooking the park so will keep an eye out, but I work during the day. Will look at the weekend again.

Let me know if you ever have any luck catching him snipz :)

A slip lead might be better than a collar, a lot easier and less traumatic to put on...but if he's so scared he might panic then no one will have a chance of catching him again so :|

If you can get him up the gennel Snipz and trap him in there you might stand some chance of catching him, a bit of warm chicken is always good for getting their attention I find.

Good luck poor little thing sounds like he could do with some help.

Could the dog be one of these that have recently been put on my facebook from around the s5 area. http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/nicholl5/DOGS%20LOST

What about calling the pound and see if anyone has reported one matching the description as missing around this area. Worth a try, someone may be frantic trying to find him and not know where to look and they may be able to catch him. - Just a suggestion. Hope hes reunited real soon - Thanks for caring... Nix

A slip lead's definitely best, if you've not got one you can make one out of a normal lead - just thread the clip end through the handle hole to make a loop. If he comes up to you try offering him food, have the hand with the food in already through the loop of the slip lead, then while he's eating out of your hand you can slowly move it over his head

Yes I have a slip lead we'll keep trying let me know cazowl if you have any luck

Xx

checked your website thanks nicholls5 but his pic isn't on there I'm afraid :( I plan to wander in the park armed with food if I spot him again - will keep you posted Snipz if I do manage a miracle and catch him.x

If he isn't reported as lost locally, I have a feeling that someone may have just dumped him there and driven off as I have walked the park for years and only recently seen him this past week or so :(

can one of you try to get a photo of this little chap ...maybe we can circulate a picture on facebook and here .if he is owned in the area it may stop his owners leaving him to his own means as well..