A story to make you roo'r

He was noticed with the sandwich board so radio hallam had him on then radio sheffield so you don't really know what you are speaking about.

This thread was started before he was on radio sheffield, do try and read a thread before commenting.

He may have been noticed by 1000's of people on a daily basis but clearly it had little impact otherwise he would have found employment. It's only when local media jumped on the story that this guy may now find a job, which would be great news for him. How long had he been using the sandwich board to little or no effect before local radio ran a story. Had local media not run a story on him, he would most likely still be wondering the streets with his sandwich board.

Edited by dvp82

He may have been noticed by 1000's of people on a daily basis but clearly it had little impact otherwise he would have found employment. It's only when local media jumped on the story that this guy may now find a job, which would be great news for him. How long had he been using the sandwich board to little or no effect before local radio ran a story. Had local media not run a story on him, he would most likely still be wondering the streets with his sandwich board.

All because the radio station picked up on the sandwich board.

No sandwich board no radio coverage.

Is it really that hard for you to grasp?

What did he do in his previous job.If he has a grand a month mortgage he is going to need 30 grand plus a year job.I wish him all the best but it doesn't look good.

clearly a great publicity stunt.....this story has attracted the media and now he has radio air time....and being discussed on here....maybe on national news next

the offers will come flooding in

BINGO...the guys a genius

That's why he did it then...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But the point is he had been walking round for months on end with a sandwich board and seen no doubt by many 1000's of people and still hadn't found employment. So clearly that method of seeking employment hadn't been working, walking around with a sandwich board in the grand scheme of things might not be the most productive use of his time. I'm sure he didn't think Mmmm I'll wear a sandwich board in the hope local radio will pick up on it. He dropped very lucky that his story got picked up by local radio, it just as easily could not have been. I'm sure there are 100's of more hard luck stories the radio could have easily run with.

Edited by dvp82

So not inside Medowhall where all the shops and jobs are then :loopy:

I doubt he would be allowed to do that inside Meadowhall - bad for their image.

Have a bit of sympathy

When I needed to earn extra money, I replied to an ad in The Star asking for fundraisers for a charity and was out collecting for them a week later. It doesn't pay much as I get commission on what I take, but it's better than nothing. He'd be better off doing that than standing with a placard.

Out of interest, if you work for commision only, what is the situation with benefits? Do people still get them?

This guy has clearly hit the buffers and I for one admire his initiative, but this isn't a new storey, does anyone remember this one that went viral some years ago.

Though this guy did it better IMO.

Out of interest, if you work for commision only, what is the situation with benefits? Do people still get them?

Anybody who works full time but earns under a certain amount qualifies for Working Tax Credits. I don't know how it works with other benefits, but I suppose it all comes down to your annual income from working.

But the point is he had been walking round for months on end with a sandwich board and seen no doubt by many 1000's of people and still hadn't found employment. So clearly that method of seeking employment hadn't been working, walking around with a sandwich board in the grand scheme of things might not be the most productive use of his time. I'm sure he didn't think Mmmm I'll wear a sandwich board in the hope local radio will pick up on it. He dropped very lucky that his story got picked up by local radio, it just as easily could not have been. I'm sure there are 100's of more hard luck stories the radio could have easily run with.

You're getting repetetive so I'll join you and just repost my previous reply.:roll::roll:.

The bloke is 59 years old he is an expert in his own field.

The jobs you mention are for students and youngsters .

Yes this is true, but we all have to adapt to what is out there, and no matter how qualified people are , the jobs just are not there. If someone wants to work they will work,no matter what the job. I have done this in the past and waited for something better to come along. :)

Having heard this bloke story, I do agree with the other poster a little. I think we can safely say what does work is been given the chance to have your hard luck story aired on local radio.

What hasn't been working for this bloke is standing on the streets advertising himself because if that way of job seeking had been successful there would have been no need for him to have his 15 minutes on the radio.

Edited by pb1977