A story to make you roo'r

Well up to now not a lot of sympathy , what the Hell is happening to good old fashioned stick together Sheffielders.

I'm afraid neepsend its now a case of, sod you Jack I'm alright, as long as other people see themselves as being okay they don't give a tinker's cuss.

clearly a great publicity stunt.....this story has attracted the media and now he has radio air time....and being discussed on here....maybe on national news next

the offers will come flooding in

BINGO...the guys a genius

Is standing in the street wearing a sandwich board really the most productive way of finding employment. It clearly hasn't worked for this man.

Well it looks like it has worked I would bet after the publicity it has attracted he will soon have job offers.

Is standing in the street wearing a sandwich board really the most productive way of finding employment. It clearly hasn't worked for this man.

Something has worked !! he has been featured on Radio Sheffield and someone has donated him £2000 to help him stay in his house until christmas.

When I needed to earn extra money, I replied to an ad in The Star asking for fundraisers for a charity and was out collecting for them a week later. It doesn't pay much as I get commission on what I take, but it's better than nothing. He'd be better off doing that than standing with a placard.

I think people nowadays to a certain extent want people to carry them about its not the roll up your sleeves and get stuck in attitude,it's the I'll just sit here and let things come to me.

I've been made redundant twice in my working life with young children,and a mortgage,the benefits would cover the interest on the mortgage and the building society suspended payment till my situation changed for the better.

Meanwhile I chased every job I could no matter what even took a part time job labouring in a factory after 9 months managed to procure full time employment before being made redundant again after 23 years in the job and having to do the whole thing again at the age of 52,never pleaded for and never got charity as they say 'Man up'.:rant:

Well it looks like it has worked I would bet after the publicity it has attracted he will soon have job offers.

But how long had this person been walking the streets with the sandwich board before radio Sheffield picked up on the story.

Could his time have been better used with regard to finding employment and maybe he might have found a job by now, instead of having radio Sheffield pick the story up and them trying to pull on people's heart strings.

So not inside Medowhall where all the shops and jobs are then :loopy:

He has already tried that .. handing out his cv's for the last 12 x months

But how long had this person been walking the streets with the sandwich board before radio Sheffield picked up on the story.

Could his time have been better used with regard to finding employment and maybe he might have found a job by now, instead of having radio Sheffield pick the story up and them trying to pull on people's heart strings.

I don't expect this is the only way he has searched for work but it seems to be the one that has got him noticed.:roll::roll:.......

I don't expect this is the only way he has searched for work but it seems to be the one that has got him noticed.:roll::roll:.......

I think the only thing that has got him noticed is him going on radio Sheffield. Anyone who's been out of work for a long period of time and been down on there luck could get instantly noticed if they where featured on radio Sheffield.

As I asked how long had this guy been walking the streets with a sandwich board before radio Sheffield picked up on the story.

If the guy had been doing the rounds with the sandwich board for a long period of time, then clearly that method hasn't been working. Had he not been featured on radio Sheffield would he have been anymore noticed with the sandwich board today as he was last week.

I believe you have to wait 1 yr now before interest is paid on a mortgage for those claiming benefits. Many people would not have sufficient funds saved to cover that amount.

The story made me want to cry too. It reminded me of 'Boys from the black stuff'

this time of year there must be hundreds of temporary jobs going

warehouse work, supermarkets etc must be cryin out for night shelf stackers

that would pay the mortgage for another couple of months

Edited by shaznay

I thought they paid the interest on the mortgage.

Nope, I think he'd only be able to get JSA which doesn't pay for much unfortunately.