A story to make you roo'r

His Mrs earns £115 pounds a week part time so he does noy qualify for benifits.

Perhaps you can tell people how to get a CONCIL PLACE?.

Surely he does qualify if his outgoings mortgage etc exceed this.

Well up to now not a lot of sympathy , what the Hell is happening to good old fashioned stick together Sheffielders.

I've plenty of sympathy for this man and the thousands of men in the same boat in this country especially couples with young children.

Total respect for this bloke, he's tried to put a roof over his family's head rather Than scrounging from the state for housing handouts. Hope he gets sorted soon.

the fact that he is standing in town trying to find work rather than selling up and expecting a free council house and benefits,

Trying to find work? Surely he would be better applying for every job going in the job centre than standing holding a board hoping someone will walk past and offer him a job without knowing anything about him. I feel for his situation, I've been there and without the support of my family I wouldn't have kept my home but holding a sign up isnt the way to get out of it in my opinion.

This nice chap has walked miles every day for the past 12 x months looking for work; he is genuinely worried about losing his house and worried about his future. His wife only has a part time job and they have very little income. I think it is disgusting that some people can only criticise and show no concern for the chap.

Looks to me like the Sheffield / Yorkshire spirit no longer exists!!

I have wished the chap well, and hope he finds a job soon.

Expensive mortage at a grand a month

Why can't they just sell the house and get a concil place? Or just take a knock to their pride and claim benefits

He can't sell his house because he has had to remortgage and all the equity has gone ..This is not about taking a knock to his pride.

Can't you have some sympathy for someone who has been used to working then finds himself redundant.

His wife only earns £110 perweek.

He wants to work and for the last 12 x months he has walked miles everyday looking for work.

So did anybody see him then?

So did anybody see him then?

Someone told me yesterday they saw a 59 year old man with a plackard asking for work on the roadside near meadowhall.

So not inside Medowhall where all the shops and jobs are then :loopy:

When I needed to earn extra money, I replied to an ad in The Star asking for fundraisers for a charity and was out collecting for them a week later. It doesn't pay much as I get commission on what I take, but it's better than nothing. He'd be better off doing that than standing with a placard.

Is standing in the street wearing a sandwich board really the most productive way of finding employment. It clearly hasn't worked for this man.